PDA

View Full Version : My Rupes DIED!!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

prin
03-26-2019, 09:37 PM
So, my new Mille decided to stop working today during a detail on a black car!!! It seems to be either the trigger or the speed selector. Now, it wont work at all. Do any of you have any suggestions?

ClearVue18
03-26-2019, 09:46 PM
So, my new Mille decided to stop working today during a detail on a black car!!! It seems to be either the trigger or the speed selector. Now, it wont work at all. Do any of you have any suggestions?It should be under warranty you just have to send it to be repaired.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Autogeekonline mobile app

The Guz
03-26-2019, 09:48 PM
Email them or call them

Have a problem with a RUPES polisher or product?
Have a problem with a RUPES polisher or product? (https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=2622&share_tid=102074&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eautogeekonline%2Enet%2Ffor um%2Fshowthread%2Ephp%3Ft%3D102074&share_type=t)

Dr Oldz
03-26-2019, 10:17 PM
Definitely call them. I had a first gen, 15mm throw(ES) that died on me that was out of warranty. They basically replaced everything inside and it only cost 70 or 75 dollars with shipping to repair. I was very happy with their customer service!!!

RZJZA80
03-26-2019, 11:35 PM
While in the 1 year warranty do you have to pay shipping to get it repaired or they cover that?

Coatingsarecrack
03-27-2019, 04:19 AM
It should be under warranty you just have to send it to be repaired.

Didn’t know they warrantied door stops! Toss it and Boss it!

JK... call Roopez.... if under warranty they’ll fix. Seems like they’ll service even if not under warranty too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Calendyr
03-27-2019, 09:33 AM
I have yet to see a company cover shipping... but you might get lucky.

When my ES21 died, it was the electronic speed control module that went. I have a feeling it might be the weak spot on that machine.
The tech told me that the brushes for the motor were like brand new even if it was a 5 year old machine.

RZJZA80
03-27-2019, 09:44 AM
I think Griot's Garage sends a shipping label to the customer. It's been many years so I don't remember, but I'm pretty sure they do.

RZJZA80
03-27-2019, 09:45 AM
Seems like they’ll service even if not under warranty too.

For an additional cost, yes they will.

ClearVue18
03-27-2019, 09:48 AM
Didn’t know they warrantied door stops! Toss it and Boss it!

JK... call Roopez.... if under warranty they’ll fix. Seems like they’ll service even if not under warranty too.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkLol hey I have a lot of them and never had a problem. Boss is ok I have one but it's definitely not my go-to but if you want play with the big boys you gotta upgrade[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] i will say Boss and rupe customer service is way better than flex lol.

prin
03-27-2019, 10:33 PM
I had great service with them today. It was under warranty, so they paid for shipping it back to them.

ClearVue18
03-27-2019, 10:50 PM
I had great service with them today. It was under warranty, so they paid for shipping it back to them.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkSee world class service lol.

RZJZA80
03-28-2019, 01:42 AM
See world class service lol.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or you just really, really like Rupes service for whatever reason. When they come close to Griot's Garage service, then they can begin to be called world class, and that includes a lifetime warranty.

ClearVue18
03-28-2019, 02:21 PM
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or you just really, really like Rupes service for whatever reason. When they come close to Griot's Garage service, then they can begin to be called world class, and that includes a lifetime warranty.Lifetime warranty mmmmmmm. I would need to see the fine print on that before commenting. No sarcasm. My sarcasm usually is followed by a meme. Lol.

Calendyr
03-28-2019, 06:49 PM
Not sure what you find world class about the shortest warranty on the market and no local shops to do it. If your tool needs service, you have to ship it at great expense (at least here in Canada) and pay for the repair... let's face it, no tool will fail within a year unless they have a manufacturer's issue. Good tools usually have much longer warranty, Griot's Garage is of course the best exemple.

I really hope Rupes will change this in the future. Despite the fact I love their tools, the lack of support means I cannot justify buying an other one.