PDA

View Full Version : Carpro Essence xtreme Gloss

Pages : [1] 2 3

Jeremy5431
03-22-2019, 07:55 PM
Hi everyone,

I’m going to paint correct then apply UK 3.0 to my new truck I’m putting together an order ( I’m pulling the trigger and upgrading to a Rupes 15 mark III).

I’m wondering if I should add gloss enhancer and a few gloss pads (for use with my PC). It’s wanted to get some thoughts on the product

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aaryn NZ
03-22-2019, 08:48 PM
Congratulations o the new Truck. :props:

Absolutely! Essence is simply stunning. Just when you think you have the most gloss out of the paintwork you’re working on, something about Essence makes you wanna try it & see what happens . . . More gloss! That’s what happens! Awesome product, & as Don (fly07sti) touched on in another thread - Essence will be ‘synergistic’ with CarPro’s CQuartz Coatings.

Perfect way to apply Essence is indeed with CarPro Gloss Pads. Beautiful pads. :props:

Aaryn NZ. :dblthumb2:

fly07sti
03-22-2019, 10:13 PM
I always use Essence prior to coating with Cquartz. It’s a product I will always have in my arsenal.

Mgavin1985
03-22-2019, 10:50 PM
Those guys are right it’s my favorite polish. I really like it as follow up to compound. They say u can go straight to coating but I do light prep wax silicone remover. I read a cool article on these essence like primers it was a different company can’t remember but what was cool in this article was the company alleged the use of a da pushed the silica deep into paint pores and helped the coating in durability keyword “alleged”

acuRAS82
03-22-2019, 11:32 PM
Perfect way to apply Essence is indeed with CarPro Gloss Pads. Beautiful pads.

I've asked this before, but I like different opinions... do you expect any finishing abilities out of Essence when using these super soft gloss pads, or have you already perfected the finish at this point knowing that this is ONLY going to lay down the SiO2 primer?

Aaryn NZ
03-23-2019, 02:47 AM
I've asked this before, but I like different opinions... do you expect any finishing abilities out of Essence when using these super soft gloss pads, or have you already perfected the finish at this point knowing that this is ONLY going to lay down the SiO2 primer?

Great question. :props:

Yes & No.

A lot of the time . . . Actually, most of the time I think I have achieved the maximum amount of gloss, depth & clarity when undertaking the finishing polish stage of a ‘correction’ & although knowing in the back of your mind that Essence can further enhance the finish, still doubts are there.

What harm could a quick test spot do???

Then, there it is! What you ‘expected’. More gloss, a deeper depth to the finish & a clarity that at times almost alters the colour all together. Black seems ‘blacker’, reds appear more vibrant, it’s crazy stuff Essence. Kinda an Expect the unexpected scenario I guess.

Personally, I don’t use it nor like it as a finishing polish as such, & I really don’t think that was its intended purpose but as a ‘gloss enhancer/primer’ its Win Win Win in my book. :props:

Mgavin1985
03-23-2019, 06:22 AM
Good question about those pads I was wondering too

fightnews
03-23-2019, 06:44 AM
Hi everyone,

I’m going to paint correct then apply UK 3.0 to my new truck I’m putting together an order ( I’m pulling the trigger and upgrading to a Rupes 15 mark III).

I’m wondering if I should add gloss enhancer and a few gloss pads (for use with my PC). It’s wanted to get some thoughts on the product

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im not sure what gloss enhancer is but you will want some new pads fort your pc as well. It's very hard to do a whole car with a long throw polisher because the pads won't rotate on curves and contours.

If you get the pad flat enough to actually rotate you won't have sufficient contact on the paint. People may disagree but its self explanatory in my opinion. If the pad is flat and the panel is contoured then only the highest point on the contour will be getting polished. Any pressure or angle to change that will only stall the pad.

https://cdncontribute.geeksforgeeks.org/wp-content/uploads/Check-if-a-line-touches-or-intersects-a-circle.png
In this example the straight line represents the pad and the circle the panel.

fightnews
03-23-2019, 06:49 AM
Congratulations o the new Truck. :props:

Absolutely! Essence is simply stunning. Just when you think you have the most gloss out of the paintwork you’re working on, something about Essence makes you wanna try it & see what happens . . . More gloss! That’s what happens! Awesome product, & as Don (fly07sti) touched on in another thread - Essence will be ‘synergistic’ with CarPro’s CQuartz Coatings.

Perfect way to apply Essence is indeed with CarPro Gloss Pads. Beautiful pads. :props:

Yeah it adds gloss because it leaves protection behind, You would have to polish your paint then wax it to be a fair comparison to polish and essence

fightnews
03-23-2019, 07:01 AM

Essence is a true finishing polish. It will do correction even with a wax pad. It has the same abrasive as any given finishing polish more or less. If you use another finishing polish and then essence you will be doing the finishing polish step twice.

If you were going to do that and you didn't want to repeat the finishing polish step twice I recommend using the non abrasive essence so you don't have to worry about doing the extra work of fully breaking the abrasive down.

I've posted a lot but I just thought of another tip I wanted to share. If you are buying pads to use with the Rupes polisher then you would be much better off buying the Rupes line of pads. Not only because they are made to work with the polisher but also because they are some of the best pads around in that style.

Im not trying to start any arguments just giving my opinion to someone who is going through the same things I just went through trying to find what works and what doesn't. The detailing process is long enough without doing unnecessary steps.

fightnews
03-23-2019, 07:03 AM

Yes & No.

A lot of the time . . . Actually, most of the time I think I have achieved the maximum amount of gloss, depth & clarity when undertaking the finishing polish stage of a ‘correction’ & although knowing in the back of your mind that Essence can further enhance the finish, still doubts are there.

Then, there it is! What you ‘expected’. More gloss, a deeper depth to the finish & a clarity that at times almost alters the colour all together. Black seems ‘blacker’, reds appear more vibrant, it’s crazy stuff Essence. Kinda an Expect the unexpected scenario I guess.

Personally, I don’t use it nor like it as a finishing polish as such, & I really don’t think that was its intended purpose but as a ‘gloss enhancer/primer’ its Win Win Win in my book. :props:

Do you use the non abrasive stuff? I could get behind that.

acuRAS82
03-23-2019, 07:28 AM
Essence is a true finishing polish. It will do correction even with a wax pad. It has the same abrasive as any given finishing polish more or less. If you use another finishing polish and then essence you will be doing the finishing polish step twice.

If you were going to do that and you didn't want to repeat the finishing polish step twice I recommend using the non abrasive essence so you don't have to worry about doing the extra work of fully breaking the abrasive down.

Thanks for your thoughts, whether or not I would want to use a finishing polish (and the extra effort that entails) prior to using Essence Extreme w/ gloss pads is what I was wondering. I would plan on using a swirl remover at minimum, hopefully with an orange pad and finishing with little/no pressure as my first polishing step. This alone should probably get me a very nice finish in preparation for Essence Extreme (but as Aaron suggested, I can do a test spot first).

acuRAS82
03-23-2019, 07:30 AM

Yes & No.

Thanks, Aaron. Appreciate the feedback.

fightnews
03-23-2019, 09:39 AM
Thanks for your thoughts, whether or not I would want to use a finishing polish (and the extra effort that entails) prior to using Essence Extreme w/ gloss pads is what I was wondering. I would plan on using a swirl remover at minimum, hopefully with an orange pad and finishing with little/no pressure as my first polishing step. This alone should probably get me a very nice finish in preparation for Essence Extreme (but as Aaron suggested, I can do a test spot first).
Yeah that would be perfect to use the abrasive essence after the swirl remover/medium polish. That's the right way to do it. Did you have a medium polish/swirl remover in mind?

Don't forget to get some clean dedicated low nap towels for removing the essence and leveling the coating. You don't want to use the same towels you use on the swirl remover.

The carpro orange ones are what I use or the rag company edge-less pearl. Any rag company towel between 300 and 350 gsm is perfect.

acuRAS82
03-23-2019, 11:02 AM
Yeah that would be perfect to use the abrasive essence after the swirl remover/medium polish. That's the right way to do it. Did you have a medium polish/swirl remover in mind?

Don't forget to get some clean dedicated low nap towels for removing the essence and leveling the coating. You don't want to use the same towels you use on the swirl remover.

The carpro orange ones are what I use or the rag company edge-less pearl. Any rag company towel between 300 and 350 gsm is perfect.
The swirl remover would be one of the PBMG offerings. I have lots of edgeleds polish removal 350-ish gsm towels I have accumulated from Autogeek, not sure what brand. I’ll definitely make sure to only use a certain color of these as dedicated Essence-removal towels.