PDA

View Full Version : Sonax pf 4/6 vs ex 4/6

11B250
03-21-2019, 04:41 PM
Hey guys,

So I accidently bought the pf 4/6 today for my Flex DA. I meant to get the ex 4/6... Ugh. Lol...

That being said, I read the differences and from what I can see, ex is designed for DA polishers... What makes it "better suited" for DA? I don't understand...

Also I read pf had some fillers, which is removed on the ex line. I'm going to be ceramic coating after so I don't want the fillers. That's another thing....

That being said, for ones who have used both, do you actually see better use with the ex 4/6 instead of the pf 4/6 on a DA? If so, what is it? Better application? Better removal? Better finish or swirl remover? What is it?

Just trying to decide if I want to return it and get the ex instead. Obviously there was a need for it which is why they created a DA version of this polish.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

The Guz
03-21-2019, 05:51 PM
They are very similar and both work with a DA.

The only complaint I have with perfect finish is the tendency to dust. But it’s overall performance and look is very good.

I have not had EX 04-06 dust but it also a good polish.

I say keep perfect finish and play around with it.

11B250
03-21-2019, 07:30 PM
It's hard to keep up with stuff as a personal consumer. I do one or two car a year... By the time I'm ready to do another car so many things have come out. I feel this is the case here lol

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

fly07sti
03-21-2019, 07:34 PM
As Guz said, both are good but I also prefer the da line.

ifadey
03-22-2019, 08:02 AM
They both are identical products except Perfect Finish have more lubricity and easy wipe off because it's designed for rotary. Perfect Finish is expensive and better product than EX 04-06.

Check this video from Esoteric Car Care for details
YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aj82vCIsXjU)

MrOneEyedBoh
03-22-2019, 08:14 AM
What color LC flat pad should I use on my DA using the 04-06