PDA

View Full Version : Tac System Moonlight IGL Premier

Pages : [1] 2

bfielder32087
03-20-2019, 03:48 PM
I know they're different type products but for those of you who have or do use them as standalone products what are your thoughts on looks, durability, ease of use longevity etc....Any comments as well as pictures would be amazing.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

panthershark
03-20-2019, 06:07 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190320/7091a6f2e4ce89a04d60b5dc0693e005.jpg

So I used this product and applied to two of our cars about 7-8 months ago. The product is easy to apply and love the gloss and hydrophobic effects it delivers. Since 7-8 months ago have used a detail spray ever so often.

As you can tell from the pic, two cars only took up about 1/3 of the bottle. I proceeded to tighten it and placed it in a cool/dry cabinet

After seeing your post this morning, I made a mental note to self that maybe I should do a repeat application this coming weekend (Not that it really needed it, just a project for weekend) when I got home to check out the inventory of items to prepare and order anything that I may be missing, this is what I found...somehow, don’t know how it solidified (maybe the air within the bottle when I stored it 7-8 months ago?).

While I’m bummed that I will not be able to use, it does give me a nice feeling and proof that these products are providing a layer of strong protection!!!

Pic of the results from last application

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190320/d58cf246a63ff855cc5cc288e6d8fe05.jpg

Klasse Act
03-20-2019, 06:12 PM
I've used Moonlight as a topper for my TAC system Power Plus and its amazing! The self cleaning aspects of the coating are maintained as is the glossy finish. I suggest applying it like a coating and please, oh please....don't even bother trying to use the sprayer, this stuff is legit and clogs and crystalizes the sprayer! Don't let his scare you but to inform you, this isn't your average product, there's something going on in the bottle for sure. I would also like to mention 1 step Master and Quartz Max....get them!!

bfielder32087
03-20-2019, 06:54 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190320/7091a6f2e4ce89a04d60b5dc0693e005.jpg

So I used this product and applied to two of our cars about 7-8 months ago. The product is easy to apply and love the gloss and hydrophobic effects it delivers. Since 7-8 months ago have used a detail spray ever so often.

As you can tell from the pic, two cars only took up about 1/3 of the bottle. I proceeded to tighten it and placed it in a cool/dry cabinet

After seeing your post this morning, I made a mental note to self that maybe I should do a repeat application this coming weekend (Not that it really needed it, just a project for weekend) when I got home to check out the inventory of items to prepare and order anything that I may be missing, this is what I found...somehow, don’t know how it solidified (maybe the air within the bottle when I stored it 7-8 months ago?).

While I’m bummed that I will not be able to use, it does give me a nice feeling and proof that these products are providing a layer of strong protection!!!

Pic of the results from last application

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190320/d58cf246a63ff855cc5cc288e6d8fe05.jpgMX-5 looks great. Good to know you like it. That's the only thing I worry about though as I pretty much only take care of my car. I wish they sold it in a smaller bottle. What detail sprays did you use on top?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

bfielder32087
03-20-2019, 06:55 PM
I've used Moonlight as a topper for my TAC system Power Plus and its amazing! The self cleaning aspects of the coating are maintained as is the glossy finish. I suggest applying it like a coating and please, oh please....don't even bother trying to use the sprayer, this stuff is legit and clogs and crystalizes the sprayer! Don't let his scare you but to inform you, this isn't your average product, there's something going on in the bottle for sure. I would also like to mention 1 step Master and Quartz Max....get them!!Good to know. No experience with it as a standalone?

Klasse Act
03-20-2019, 07:09 PM
Sorry but I don't but hope you explore the world of TAC systems, they've been here for about a year and a half. If you contact them ask for David, he's the NA rep and is a great, great guy, tell him Roger in Chicagoland sent you[emoji1]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

panthershark
03-20-2019, 07:13 PM
For some time I was using P&S Bead Maker but recently after product launch have used one application of the new Gyeon QD...have been happy using both...but the Gloss that Gyeon leaves is impressive....

Again use the products on top of the moonlight every 2-3 washes

Klasse Act
03-20-2019, 07:18 PM
Moonlight is an oily product and a little goes a long way, ESPECIALLY because of this[emoji6]

bfielder32087
03-20-2019, 07:27 PM
Sorry but I don't but hope you explore the world of TAC systems, they've been here for about a year and a half. If you contact them ask for David, he's the NA rep and is a great, great guy, tell him Roger in Chicagoland sent you[emoji1]

Sent from my SM-G950U using TapatalkWill do and I'm strongly considering it.

noorth
04-11-2020, 06:18 PM
I've used Moonlight as a topper for my TAC system Power Plus and its amazing! The self cleaning aspects of the coating are maintained as is the glossy finish. I suggest applying it like a coating and please, oh please....don't even bother trying to use the sprayer, this stuff is legit and clogs and crystalizes the sprayer! Don't let his scare you but to inform you, this isn't your average product, there's something going on in the bottle for sure. I would also like to mention 1 step Master and Quartz Max....get them!!

Hi Klasse Act, how did you apply the tac power plus? inside or outside?

I recently watched apex detailing applying it, i think i seen you comment on a few of the tac videos!

Have you tried moonlight has a stand alone?
I'm looking for about 12 mths of protection - i'm leaning towards moonlight maintained with quartz max or shinnemax. Would it be worth it to re-apply in the fall to top up protection for the winter months?

However, Power plus looks like a breeze to apply, maybe i'll just go with that.

Happy easter!

PS have you had any issues with the shelf life of moonlight like the above poster? maybe air got inside.

Klasse Act
04-11-2020, 06:33 PM
I absolutely had an issue with Moonlight crystallizing, same with DPC's version. I haven't used Moonlight as a stand alone, so I can't comment on it but even though there's issues I'd still buy it, amazing product. As far as Power Plus, applied inside but try and not be so heavy handed with it like inward, high spots abound, like any other coating. TAC System makes a great line of products, everything works great, great company and GREAT customer service[emoji106][emoji106]

noorth
04-11-2020, 11:04 PM
I absolutely had an issue with Moonlight crystallizing, same with DPC's version. I haven't used Moonlight as a stand alone, so I can't comment on it but even though there's issues I'd still buy it, amazing product. As far as Power Plus, applied inside but try and not be so heavy handed with it like inward, high spots abound, like any other coating. TAC System makes a great line of products, everything works great, great company and GREAT customer service[emoji106][emoji106]

So just to confirm it harden in the bottle after you opened it?

Looks like 1 step master sealant/quartz max would be a good combo has well.

Klasse Act
04-12-2020, 06:04 AM
Yes, over time, that's what happened.

Coatingsarecrack
04-12-2020, 07:10 AM
Yes, over time, that's what happened.

Good to see you posting again. Sadly Tac Systems USA has been shut down for a couple months now.

Goodbye Tac System (https://www.autopia.org/forums/auto-detailing-101-a/191489-goodbye-tac-system.html)

Was interested in the One Step Master....Gotta order across the pond to get it now.

OP...Gyeon Cancoat would be a good Moonlight alternative if not wanting to order from UK.

Also Polish Angel Cosmic spritz as an alternative to IGL premier. nothing wrong with premier but Polish angel claims 11-14 months if used with Primer Spritz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Klasse Act
04-12-2020, 07:15 AM
Good to see you posting again. Sadly Tac Systems USA has been shut down for a couple months now.

Was interested in tge One Step Master....Gotta order across the pond to get it now.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI assume this is a temporary thing with TAC[emoji848]