PDA

View Full Version : Can Coat Reapply

agarabaghi
03-20-2019, 08:07 AM
So i applied Can Coat on 2 of my cars in October. With monthly washes and with the Florida sun, and hwy miles i believe it has begun to wear off.

So I was wondering is it possible, if I am happy with the paint condition to just wash / speedymitt prep / Gyeon Prep and then re apply can coat without doing the Gyeon Primer step this time.

The Guz
03-20-2019, 09:49 AM
I have not done that but you could give it a try and report back. One thing to keep in mind is that you may get marring from the clay mitt.

agarabaghi
03-20-2019, 02:32 PM
I guess at that point doing the primer isnt that much work.

Coating seems to have lost a lot of is hydrophobic properties after 5 months it still beads, but noticable less and with smaller beads forming.

The Guz
03-20-2019, 03:48 PM
You can always top it with a product like Cure until you are ready to polish.

flakpyro
04-09-2019, 07:48 PM
What did you end up doing? I currently have CanCoat on my car and was wondering the same thing. I don't feel the need to polish just yet, with that said how much cut is required to even remove the last of CanCoat? Would primer do it?

392hemi
04-09-2019, 08:08 PM
What did you end up doing? I currently have CanCoat on my car and was wondering the same thing. I don't feel the need to polish just yet, with that said how much cut is required to even remove the last of CanCoat? Would primer do it?

Primer will work perfect for that.