PDA

View Full Version : Pinnacle jewling wax to remove carpro essence?

fightnews
03-20-2019, 04:17 AM
I was wondering if the pinnacle jewling wax is abrasive enough to remove carpro essence? I assume any type of abrasive will remove it but figured I would ask.

I want to use it to hold me over for 6 weeks until I can do a full polish.

Mike Phillips
03-20-2019, 07:13 AM
What color is the car?

FUNX650
03-20-2019, 09:00 AM
Keeping in mind the amount of sheen
(glossiness) that this product imparts
to the surfaces to which it’s been applied...

I know that I wouldn’t be able to tell if
any amount of the Essence had actually
been removed, or not, without the aid
of some very sophisticated equipment.

Of course: YMMV.

Bob

fightnews
03-22-2019, 04:38 AM
What color is the car?

Black

fightnews
03-23-2019, 07:31 AM
What color is the car?

Do you think the color makes a difference as far as the removal? Just curious what you think? I'm not going for major correction the cars in good shape. It looks mint it doesn't even need the jeweling wax I'm just looking for an excuse to use my polishers.

It has some minor swirling and normal wear and tear but I'm not concerned about to much correction right now. I'm planning on doing a full 2 step on my vacation that I'm planning now. No later then end of July. Plus I want to go back to carnauba for a while so I can get a good grasp on the difference looks wise.

fightnews
03-23-2019, 07:32 AM
Keeping in mind the amount of sheen
(glossiness) that this product imparts
to the surfaces to which it’s been applied...

I know that I wouldn’t be able to tell if
any amount of the Essence had actually
been removed, or not, without the aid
of some very sophisticated equipment.

Of course: YMMV.

Bob

If nobody can tell the difference then why are there so many different last step products out there?

FUNX650
03-23-2019, 08:04 AM
If nobody can tell the difference then
why are there so many different last
step products out there?
Read my previous post again.

It’s because of the very high level of
glossiness, that Pinnacle Jeweling Wax
leaves upon the surfaces it’s applied to,
is the main reason that I wouldn’t be
able to tell if it actually removed any
amount of the Essence, or not.

Then again:
Who knows...You might be different.

Bob

fightnews
03-23-2019, 09:33 AM
Read my previous post again.

It’s because of the very high level of
glossiness, that Pinnacle Jeweling Wax
leaves upon the surfaces it’s applied to,
is the main reason that I wouldn’t be
able to tell if it actually removed any
amount of the Essence, or not.

Then again:
Who knows...You might be different.

Bob

I think even if it didn't fully remove the essence that wouldn't be a bad thing because it is glossy. I want to try topping the jeweling wax with the pinnacle sio2 spray after a few weeks. That is a great, glossy product for sure. Best sio2 product Ive used to date maybe.

I'm only going to have it on there 6-8 weeks tops then I'm doing a 2 step with Rupes medium gel polish and diamond ultra fine. Then I'm topping it with GlassCoat cosmic. I can not wait lmaoo.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter if its fully removed. I'm more concerned with getting an idea of what it actually takes to remove this ceramic sio2 stuff from paint? Pinnacle jeweling wax is probably the least abrasive polish that's sold here.

acuRAS82
03-23-2019, 11:59 AM
I want to try topping the jeweling wax with the pinnacle sio2 spray after a few weeks. That is a great, glossy product for sure. Best sio2 product Ive used to date maybe.

I look forward to trying the Pinnacle SiO2. Which others have you tried that you prefer this?

fightnews
03-24-2019, 05:35 AM
I look forward to trying the Pinnacle SiO2. Which others have you tried that you prefer this?

Mostly polish angel stuff and gtechnique liquid crystal. Also pretty much all the hybrid waxes and essence. echo20 and reloaded too.

acuRAS82
03-24-2019, 08:12 AM
Mostly polish angel stuff and gtechnique liquid crystal. Also pretty much all the hybrid waxes and essence. echo20 and reloaded too.

And the Pinnacle SiO2 holds its own against the PA?