PDA

View Full Version : Mckees 37 si02 spray coating leaving streaks

Rtrick87
03-19-2019, 12:22 PM
Hey everyone. I’m using mckees si02 spray coating. It’s about 38 degrees and partly cloudy. I sprayed it on the surface after I soaked it after cleaning to make sure surface was cool then sprayed on and used my pressure washer to remove it. Now as I’m drying, I’m noticing streaks everywhere on the windows and paint. Any solution to clean it up without rewashing and any future tips? I remember when I got the stuff they used it in direct sunlight down in Florida.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rtrick87
03-19-2019, 12:23 PM

fly07sti
03-19-2019, 12:30 PM
From my personal experience, it appears too much product was used.
How many sprays per panel did you use and how large of a section at time did you do?

Nick McKees37
03-19-2019, 12:37 PM
From my personal experience, it appears too much product was used.
How many sprays per panel did you use and how large of a section at time did you do?

To add what Don said...

From my personal experience, it appears too much product was used and/or it was not rinsed off soon enough.

Hold the bottle in one hand, and the hose nozzle/pressure washer in the other. Spray on, and IMMEDIATELY rinse off. It's imperative that you work ONE panel a time.

Check out my Hydro Blue Application Guide Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqZD0dN_3jM

Im the MAN

Rtrick87
03-19-2019, 12:45 PM
Thanks for the replies. I had the gun in one hand and the bottle in the other. Sprayed enough to cover maybe 75% of the areas and rinsed off right away. The bottle (gallon) is almost two years old but kept in my downstairs laundry room/bathroom.

I got it off with detailer spray

fly07sti
03-19-2019, 12:52 PM
Thanks for the replies. I had the gun in one hand and the bottle in the other. Sprayed enough to cover maybe 75% of the areas and rinsed off right away. The bottle (gallon) is almost two years old but kept in my downstairs laundry room/bathroom.

I got it off with detailer spray

Ya, way too much product. Only need 1-2 sprays. It’s Very concentrated.

Rtrick87
03-19-2019, 12:53 PM
Ya, way too much product. Only need 1-2 sprays. It’s Very concentrated.

Thank you. I’ll change up the tactic. I only use it maybe once a month

Bruno Soares
03-19-2019, 12:56 PM
"Cover 75% of the area". That sounds like too much product. Do 1 spray per window and 2 sprays per door. Hood and roof might be 4 sprays each.
I also have better luck with a hose. Pressure washers add pressure but reduce volume of water. For Hydro Blue you want lots of water so the hose works better than a pressure washer.

Rtrick87
03-19-2019, 01:04 PM
"Cover 75% of the area". That sounds like too much product. Do 1 spray per window and 2 sprays per door. Hood and roof might be 4 sprays each.
I also have better luck with a hose. Pressure washers add pressure but reduce volume of water. For Hydro Blue you want lots of water so the hose works better than a pressure washer.

Never thought of it that way. Here’s the finished result. 66138