PDA

View Full Version : Coating on a JetSki

Calendyr
03-17-2019, 08:25 PM
I normally don't offer services for boat owners but I am thinking about making an exception for this guy.

He just purchased 2 jetskis and want to ceramic coat the top part of each.

My questions are:

1: Can a ceramic coating bind to the finish of a jetski? The owner told me it wasn't normal gelcoat, it's something called CMT Mold? Does that make sense? Anyway, can I use a Ceramic coating on that?

2: How long would it take to do a prep and coat on something like that? I told him about the same price as a small car to do both as an estimate but would adjust based on how long it takes.

3. Can I use normal prep sprays on what ever material are on a boat? I normally use a solvent from Duplicolor: Grease and wax remover before coating. Should I use something else instead?

Markymapo
03-18-2019, 07:38 AM
Interesting challenge. I have a Yamaha FX Ho cruiser (a year old) that has Nanoxcell(proprietary when I looked it up. I might try a ceramic coating on a small portion this spring and the rest will most likely get Collinite 845.the wave runner stays covered when not in use since it sits on a floating dock on the water for 4 months.