PDA

View Full Version : How to fix haze in rim

Pages : [1] 2

xxnonamexx
03-14-2019, 03:25 PM
Brand new car only one rim has a cloudy haze. How can I fix this.

Rsurfer
03-14-2019, 04:41 PM
Brand new car only one rim has a cloudy haze. How can I fix this.

It's probably clear coated, so polish it like you would paint.

xxnonamexx
03-14-2019, 05:03 PM
It's probably clear coated, so polish it like you would paint.
What polish do you recommend

Rsurfer
03-14-2019, 05:09 PM
What polish do you recommend
Least aggressive first and work up if necessary.

xxnonamexx
03-14-2019, 06:23 PM
Do you recommend a particular brand

Rsurfer
03-14-2019, 06:27 PM
Do you recommend a particular brand

OTC Meg's Ultimate Polish and if need be Ultimate Compound.

xxnonamexx
03-16-2019, 09:58 AM
OTC Meg's Ultimate Polish and if need be Ultimate Compound.
Thanks I purchased them and will try it today.

xxnonamexx
03-16-2019, 01:08 PM
I tried on one spot by hand and nothing changed

SWETM
03-17-2019, 01:48 AM
I tried on one spot by hand and nothing changed

I would contact the dealership where you bought the car or where you do claim warranty. It seems to be something wrong in the paint either the base color or the clearcoat.

Is it possible that you have let a wheel cleaner or another cleaner to dry on the rims? If they where so from the start it can be the dealership that did it or a manufactures failure of some kind. But it almost looks like a chemical etching or a problem when it got painted.

xxnonamexx
03-17-2019, 09:11 AM
I would contact the dealership where you bought the car or where you do claim warranty. It seems to be something wrong in the paint either the base color or the clearcoat.

Is it possible that you have let a wheel cleaner or another cleaner to dry on the rims? If they where so from the start it can be the dealership that did it or a manufactures failure of some kind. But it almost looks like a chemical etching or a problem when it got painted.

I used a product "CG" that claimed safe for all wheel types sprayed onto all 4 wheels then washed off starting with the first so it wasn't sitting long 30 seconds tops. It's odd only one wheel has the issue.

The car is leased so I will deal with it until I return it in 3 years and never use this product again. Thanks

SWETM
03-17-2019, 09:53 AM
I used a product "CG" that claimed safe for all wheel types sprayed onto all 4 wheels then washed off starting with the first so it wasn't sitting long 30 seconds tops. It's odd only one wheel has the issue.

The car is leased so I will deal with it until I return it in 3 years and never use this product again. Thanks

It still can be something wrong from manufacturing. Was the wheel like that before you washed?

xxnonamexx
03-17-2019, 11:03 AM
It still can be something wrong from manufacturing. Was the wheel like that before you washed?

unfortunately it wasn't like that when I leased it. Its odd only 1 wheel.

Rsurfer
03-17-2019, 02:54 PM

Why wait, you will be charged with the damage at the end of your lease. And you will be driving around with a ragging looking wheel. LOL! Get it taken care of now would be my advice. Who knows, maybe the dealer might replace it for free.

xxnonamexx
03-17-2019, 03:16 PM
Why wait, you will be charged with the damage at the end of your lease. And you will be driving around with a ragging looking wheel. LOL! Get it taken care of now would be my advice. Who knows, maybe the dealer might replace it for free.

But won't he know I must have used something on the rim to cause it? What should I say/do? I am going to ask my friend that owns an autobody if anything he can do.

SWETM
03-17-2019, 03:22 PM
Could you post a picture of the damage rim and one on the undamage?

Since you did not leave it on at a long time. It would be some improvement with the Megs compound I think. Are you sure they are clearcoated or when you compounding it did you notice a black residue on what you used with the compound?

Edit: I think I see the difference on the 2 rims.