PDA

View Full Version : Help why is my white mf towel always dirty after I wash my car

Pages : [1] 2 3

Bgates222
03-11-2019, 06:10 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190311/b49aafd0694c822fcb0eab05d3346ab3.jpg

Can somebody explain to me why I wash my car and I think I do a good job maybe I’m just not scrubbing hard enough but every time I dry it with a white microfiber it’s like the car was never washed is this normal??? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PaulMys
03-11-2019, 06:16 PM
What car soap do you use?

pickles
03-11-2019, 07:05 PM
Could this be from dirt that's inbedded into plastic or seams? Dirt that may be hiding in the grill, rearview mirrors or license plate? Dirty water that's coming from inside the gas cap or from under the trunk lid?

I get the same thing when I apply sealant to windows. Get too close to the edge where the plastic/rubber borders are and the applicator picks up black.

Bgates222
03-11-2019, 07:08 PM
I use chemical guys my pink and the yellow citrus one , at first I thought it might be the corners and stuff but the pic I posted is a door panel in the middle after I power rinse the car then foamed it rinsed the foam off, foamed it again and. Then washed it with two clean wash mitts

DMiglio
03-11-2019, 07:21 PM
There must be some type of road film left on the paint even after a thorough wash and rinse. I know sometimes this has happened to me before, on a light green towel I have and it is disconcerting for sure!

I’ve used the CG citrus wash and found it to be great, thought it cleaned well, had great slickness, nice scent which always helps and felt the car looked much better after it’s use. I’ve only used a small bottle of Mr. pink, not being overly impressed and stuck with the Citrus one, buying a gallon even.

Is it possible the soap may not be cleaning as well as hoped?
The towel seems to also have some pink staining, is this possibly the soap?
Do you use a drying aid of some sort?

I know my wash media can be affected by rinseless washes as they encapsulate dirt and then being lifted from the surface by the drying towel(s). Wonder if something similar is happening here..

Bgates222
03-11-2019, 07:25 PM
Oh no the pink is the red off of a red mf towel I washed with it the other day, that’s a good point maybe it’s some kind of road grease that the soap can’t get off maybe I’ll try a degreased if some sort before I foam it up and hell yes it’s very disappointing I feel like going back to a dark towel my ignorance was bliss lol

PaulMys
03-11-2019, 07:26 PM
Go with Meg's HyperWash. Best wash I have ever used.

I'll be willing to bet your next pic of that white towel after a wash will be very different...........:cheers:

Route246
03-11-2019, 07:28 PM
Is it clean white prior?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190311/b49aafd0694c822fcb0eab05d3346ab3.jpg

Can somebody explain to me why I wash my car and I think I do a good job maybe I’m just not scrubbing hard enough but every time I dry it with a white microfiber it’s like the car was never washed is this normal??? Thanks

Bgates222
03-11-2019, 07:29 PM
It was yes

Bgates222
03-11-2019, 07:30 PM
It’s the second time I’ve had this happen the first time I just figured ok maybe I wasn’t paying attention during the wash but this time I made sure to

ShinyThings
03-11-2019, 07:56 PM
Time to change the soap plan of attack and remember don't "scrub" per Mike P. I agree it's likely residue

Bgates222
03-11-2019, 08:05 PM
Yeah I have some degreaser I’ll try thanks for the reply’s

SWETM
03-12-2019, 02:21 AM
Is there any chance of the car soap is able to dry a little before rinsed off?

And what wash media do you use? Then how do the rinse bucket looks dirt wise after a wash?

oneheadlite
03-12-2019, 08:18 AM
Just curious, what LSP are you using?

Bruno Soares
03-12-2019, 08:32 AM
Are you drying your tires with that towel? Geez, I'd be scratching my head too if my towel was that dirty after a wash. I think even if I did a waterless wash it wouldn't be like that.