PDA

View Full Version : pad Surf City Garage Road Trip Grime Destroyer VS. Poorboys Bug Squash

wytstang
03-01-2008, 08:41 PM
Anybody who has used these two comment on which they feel is better then the other and why? Placing an order soon (hopefully within an hour) and would like to add either one to my arsenal. I'm amazed how much crap collects on the Fusions front end. And it's not that easy to remove, especially with the grill design (not much room in between the grill). So I'm looking for something to break up the bug crap and other grime (tar included) in the front end, side rear view mirrors, and rear lower bumper (10'' rear wheels kick up a lot of stuff lol). SC RTGD has the edge on price per amount and I don't know if either can be diluted. Let'em fly folks.

Gary Sword
03-01-2008, 09:01 PM
I have some Surf City Garage Road Teip Grime Destroyer. It works pretty good. Never try Poorboys Bug Squash.

Jimmie
03-01-2008, 09:06 PM
I've used both and settled on PB Bug Squash. Here are the reasons. The PB BS works well at 3:1 (3 H2O: 1 PB) dilution so a 32 oz makes a gallon. The SC is very thick and hard to spray so I diluted it 1:1. Still went through a bottle fast. The SC doesn't seem to rinse off with only a stream of water (needs agitation) where the PB does. I haven't tried either on very tough tar however.

wytstang
03-01-2008, 09:18 PM
Gary/Jimmie thats for your input it's much appreciated. Jimmie I read on autopia (Motorcity actually said this) he likes the thickness (described as liquid hand soap) cause it clings to the surface longer giving you a longer "work in time" if you will. Whilst other products seem to run off leaving behind very little product to do the work. Would you agree with this statement (I paraphrased a little)?
My plan is to spray what ever product I chose and let it sit for about 3-5 minutes. Then wash the car as normal and agitate the areas where the bugs/tar is at in hopes of removing all the crap. Then reapply my LSP in those area treated.

Jimmie
03-01-2008, 09:37 PM
I agree with the thickness wytstang. He may have had more luck spraying a mist. I had to open the nozzle a little wider just to get it to spray. The stream would hit the paint in more of a blob and run down so it took a lot just to cover a small area.
That's why I finally diluted it. I got frustrated fighting the spray.
It does get the job done well though.
I use the PB exactly like you described in your second paragraph.

wytstang
03-01-2008, 10:05 PM
Jimmie thank you I'll go with PB for the ease of application. I can see myself staring at the nozzle cursing at it if it blobbed out forcing me to use more per surface area or use my finger to spread it around the tight areas. Not a big deal but like Mr. Ronco I want to set it and forget it ;)

budman3
03-01-2008, 10:29 PM
Bug Squash is no BS. It dilutes very effectively as Jimmie stated and it smells good too :).

wytstang
03-01-2008, 10:44 PM
And done have my bag with BS on the way lol.

supercharged
03-01-2008, 11:25 PM
Never used SC Garage Grime Destroyer, but PB Bugsquash is some good stuff...Tarminator is not bad either, and can be founded locally.

Bunky
03-02-2008, 08:14 AM
Never used SC Garage Grime Destroyer, but PB Bugsquash is some good stuff...Tarminator is not bad either, and can be founded locally.

Does Tarminator strip wax? If it dissolves grease, I think it would. I assume PB BS does not.

ScottB
03-02-2008, 09:07 AM
I find the Poorboys offering to be best used for spot cleaning. It can be used with soap however for more power in washing.

The Surf City offering is more like P21S Total Wash IMO, and a spray presoak to remove heavily dirted areas.

supercharged
03-02-2008, 12:10 PM
Does Tarminator strip wax? If it dissolves grease, I think it would. I assume PB BS does not.
Yes, it does...

ScottB
03-02-2008, 12:21 PM

Tarminator = yes, it will remove a sealant also

Buq Squash = Full Strength, likely yes. Although seems to leave sealants alone. Diluted, its fine for both.