PDA

View Full Version : Flagged tipped brush & Duragloss #253

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Eldorado2k
03-17-2019, 06:21 PM
What’s that microfiber applicator doing there???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s a 5” microfiber pad. I had my polisher in my trunk the other day and left that pad in there.

Finick
03-17-2019, 06:27 PM
It’s a 5” microfiber pad. I had my polisher in my trunk the other day and left that pad in there.

I honestly don’t even know who you are anymore.

You went from a trash can of branches to leaving a microfiber pad in your trunk

You were the chosen one

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190317/2ab54280670fa0acf969015c33395e4f.gif

Eldorado2k
03-17-2019, 09:28 PM
I honestly don’t even know who you are anymore.

You went from a trash can of branches to leaving a microfiber pad in your trunk

You were the chosen one

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190317/2ab54280670fa0acf969015c33395e4f.gif

I’m super irresponsible when it comes to pads. Lol. I’ve let numerous foam pads sit so long before cleaning that they developed mold on them. I get lazy when it comes to pads.[emoji849]

java
03-19-2019, 05:57 AM
The way I clean brushes: Spray them down with LATA, then scrub them on the cement driveway and rinse with the hose nozzle. Super clean brush.

I tried cleaning the brush yesterday with LATA.

I don't have a cement driveway, so I tried the house cement foundation. Scrub the brush for a few minutes, then rinse. The brush didn't came out clean. I may have to let the LATA dwell for awhile before I scrub the cement.

Eldorado2k
03-19-2019, 08:05 AM

I don't have a cement driveway, so I tried the house cement foundation. Scrub the brush for a few minutes, then rinse. The brush didn't came out clean. I may have to let the LATA dwell for awhile before I scrub the cement.

Spray liberaly, let it dwell for a minute or 2, spray the cement clean with the hose then scrub the brush.

gspam1
03-19-2019, 10:02 AM

I don't have a cement driveway, so I tried the house cement foundation. Scrub the brush for a few minutes, then rinse. The brush didn't came out clean. I may have to let the LATA dwell for awhile before I scrub the cement.Tuff Shine Tire Cleaner and Optimum Power Clean are the only two products I've found that will completely clean brushes that are used on tires.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Rrthomas78
03-19-2019, 12:06 PM
I've had good luck with tarminator for cleaning brushes

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

Finick
03-19-2019, 05:06 PM
Sometimes I use a product that’s popular on YouTube and rhymes with duper spleen, and it does a good job straight at cleaning up brushes.

Works well on tires, and I find if I use it (undiluted usually.. stuffs dirt cheap) for that purpose they never really end up with a crazy build up on them.

That being said, I do clean a lot less tires than some of you probably do. So that certainly must play a big part in it. Even with d143 or power clean I don’t find a build up of grime on my tire brush.

PaulMys
03-19-2019, 06:37 PM
............and rhymes with duper spleen

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

ejaf
03-20-2019, 10:48 AM
Sometimes I use a product that’s popular on YouTube and rhymes with duper spleen, and it does a good job straight at cleaning up brushes.

Works well on tires, and I find if I use it (undiluted usually.. stuffs dirt cheap) for that purpose they never really end up with a crazy build up on them.

That being said, I do clean a lot less tires than some of you probably do. So that certainly must play a big part in it. Even with d143 or power clean I don’t find a build up of grime on my tire brush.

Ruptured Spleen procedures have shown up at my local Dollar General Medical Center here in North Queens.

Eric

DBAILEY
03-20-2019, 11:33 AM
Zep's Purple Industrial cleaner will get your tire brushes clean. However, its powerful (truly industrial) and not health friendly, so be careful using it. Your body will absorb it through your skin, and vapor through your eyes and lungs.

I wish it was a safe cleaner because it is the best tire cleaner I have every used. I only use it when I get a car that looks like they have been applying used motor oil as a tire dressing.

I've got my TS tire brush clean with it many times after a tire cleaning turned the white bristles nearly black.

java
03-21-2019, 07:16 AM
Spray liberaly, let it dwell for a minute or 2, spray the cement clean with the hose then scrub the brush.

Yesterday I first tried Tarminator since the brush was dry. Let it dwell for about 3 minutes then scrub the cement, then rinse. It came out better than I expected. The bristles weren't clump up together.

Then I tried LATA let it dwell for a few minute then scrub, rinse. It came out better.

I then tried Meguiars Super Degreaser, let it dwell then rinse.

Everytime I clean the it keep on getting better now, starting to look like new. I guess the dwell time help but now I have pieces of bristles all over the foundation. I used a raise lip on the foundation to scrub on that maybe the cause of the bristle pieces on the foundation.

java
03-21-2019, 07:21 AM
@ Eldorado2k

Do you use the tire dressing brush to clean the rims?

Finick
03-21-2019, 09:29 AM
@ Eldorado2k

Do you use the tire dressing brush to clean the rims?

I’m not him, but as far as I know he has one dedicated to tire dressing.

java
03-21-2019, 01:40 PM
I’m not him, but as far as I know he has one dedicated to tire dressing.

I wasn't sure if he the same exact style brush to clean the rims as he doesn't to apply dressing to the tires.