PDA

View Full Version : Viable Leatherique alternative?

grambow
03-04-2019, 03:52 PM
Is the general consensous still that Leatherique (LQ) is the best leather cleaning product? I ask becasue the white leather in my MB is pretty drab looking from daily use. I want to bring the white back to life but I REALLY dont want to go through the LQ process. Are there any other products that people swear by that will produce a similar result and are more user friendly?

TIA!

SWETM
03-06-2019, 05:31 AM
Hard to say which is better than the other product. But if you are willing to try out some other products. Ultima Interior Schampo Gel is a very good cleaner on most interior surfaces including leather. And combo that with Ultima Interior Guard Plus as a great protection and nice feel on the leather afterwards. Gyeon has just released their mild and strong leather cleaner and has it in a kit with Leather Coat. You have a stronger protection with Gyeon Leather Shield and maintance with Leather Coat if wanted. This is longlasting products. And pretty straight forward to use. Get a good soft gentle leather brush to aggitate the cleaner with. And some like a good detailing cotton towel to clean with.

DBAILEY
03-06-2019, 10:20 AM
Ultima Interior Shampoo Gel is currently my favorite too.

chris11le
03-06-2019, 04:01 PM
Hard to say which is better than the other product. But if you are willing to try out some other products. Ultima Interior Schampo Gel is a very good cleaner on most interior surfaces including leather. And combo that with Ultima Interior Guard Plus as a great protection and nice feel on the leather afterwards. Gyeon has just released their mild and strong leather cleaner and has it in a kit with Leather Coat. You have a stronger protection with Gyeon Leather Shield and maintance with Leather Coat if wanted. This is longlasting products. And pretty straight forward to use. Get a good soft gentle leather brush to aggitate the cleaner with. And some like a good detailing cotton towel to clean with.

Of course they did, because I just ordered the original leather cleaner last month ....

FUNX650
03-06-2019, 05:04 PM
I’ll suggest water-based products from
either Leather Master or Sonus.

Bob

The Guz
03-06-2019, 07:45 PM
Of course they did, because I just ordered the original leather cleaner last month ....

There is nothing wrong with the original. It does a good job of cleaning.

SWETM
03-07-2019, 02:49 AM

Yeah you have a great cleaner with the original one too. Maybe the mild one is more suited when doing well maintained leather and the stronger or original when you have a lot of grime build up. But don't think it's much difference between them.

MrOneEyedBoh
03-17-2019, 02:23 PM
Just thought Id toss this in here, but I have a kit that has the cleaner and conditioner from Leatherique that Im not going to use. Id sell if, if anyone is interested, PM me.