PDA

View Full Version : Wheel coatings suggestions

Markymapo
03-02-2019, 05:34 PM
Fellow detailers. Looking for advice on what to coat these 20inch Carreras wheels on my CaymanS . Joined the forum last summer after taking Mikes class in Medford,NJ n am totally hooked. But this wheel coating thing is still a mystery to me. I put black label diamond coating on my M4 wheels which seems good, any suggestions from the experts is well appreciated (live in PA so plenty of road grime)

acuRAS82
03-02-2019, 06:00 PM
I like the PBL and Mckees, mostly for ease of use and they last fairly long.

JHL88
03-02-2019, 06:21 PM
I agree ^. I've used both and have gotten about 8 months out of each of them. The ease of use is almost too easy

The Guz
03-02-2019, 06:25 PM
Fellow detailers. Looking for advice on what to coat these 20inch Carreras wheels on my CaymanS . Joined the forum last summer after taking Mikes class in Medford,NJ n am totally hooked. But this wheel coating thing is still a mystery to me. I put black label diamond coating on my M4 wheels which seems good, any suggestions from the experts is well appreciated (live in PA so plenty of road grime)

If you still have PBL wheel coating just use that.

Other wheel coatings that work well are Gyeon Rim, CarPro DLUX, GTechniq C5. They all perform and last about the same amount of time.

Cquartz UK also works well.

I’m currently testing out 22ple VM1 and so far so good in the last 3 months.

rlmccarty2000
03-02-2019, 08:29 PM
Same here. Keep using the PBL. I’ve tried others and it’s as good as any and the bottle doesn’t go bad like other coatings. I’m still using a bottle from when it first came out.

DaveT435
03-02-2019, 08:52 PM
I would imagine using something like McKee’s hydro blue for maintenance would be helpful. That’s all I use on my wheels. I was using Hydro2 just switched to McKee’s.