PDA

View Full Version : Questions for a drying agent

Pages : [1] 2 3

TheMidnightNarwhal
02-28-2019, 06:47 PM
Ok I've almost fully built my "regiment" of products for this year, mostly went with some Griot's stuff to try out as they seem like a stout brand and not crazy expensive. I used Sonax last year and while the Sonax name and "prestige" felt nice it did being more expensive and tbh not all their stuff was fantastic IMO.

So going with mainly griot's stuff and wanted to "up" my game, I wanted to get a product as use as a drying it, after touch 2bm washes, I would spray on the drying aid while car is still wet and then swipe over with a drying MF. That would be for times where a leaf blower wouldn't do the trick of maybe my longlasting LSP wax is getting weak.

So I ended up looking at Griot best of show detailer to use as drying aid and door jamb wipe downs clean to dry and freshen up jambs after a wash. Only thing that irks me is in the Griot product video where they show case this and their best of show spray wax, they talk about the spray wax being used for a drying aid and say the best of show detailer is really more to just clean smudges and fingerprints.

One of Youtube detailers I watch they say they instead of Chemical Guys V07 which clearly says is a sealant and detailer hybrid so that is more clear and would apply to freshen up wax, cleaning smudges and all that.

So my questions here is what should I do or get. My base LSP will be Collinite 476s, will spraying a "sealant" over wax do negative effects or something. I suppose no since the collinite is already a hybrid wax and sealant right? Right now I'm more leaning towards V07 since it seems better as all in one product for drying, freshenning up wax and door jamb dry/cleaning.

Please let me know your suggestion and chime in! Just wanted to know how V07 would be before pulling the trigger.

VISITOR
02-28-2019, 07:05 PM
great product (GG BOS Detailer), I bought a gallon and don’t regret it one bit. glossy, slick, and user friendly...

Setec Astronomy
02-28-2019, 07:07 PM
IMO QD's (quick detailers) are really obsolete. Why use a QD when you can use one of the waterless washes which will likely cost less, provide more cleaning ability, and more protection.

If you want to use a separate product for your drying aid vs. cleaning jambs, a spray wax is going to give you more protection, there are several good ones including the Griot's (which I haven't used personally).

Breese147
02-28-2019, 07:16 PM
Typically for me polymer based sprays be it quick detailer or spray wax provide that water sheeting effect and the effect of releasing water off the paint. So you could use a WW with polymers in it and experience the same result.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

DavidAl
02-28-2019, 07:26 PM
For quite sometime I used the Griot’s spray on wax that adds wax as you dry and was very happy with it. I ran out and started using another’s brand not sold on here. I like it but it’s nothing like the Griot’s product.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

ahslan
02-28-2019, 07:48 PM
I agree that quick detailers have become kind of obsolete. I got as a gift a bottle of V07 a while ago and was never really impressed. My biggest issue with it was that it streaked almost every time I used it. I know I’m in the minority here since there are a ton of positive reviews for it but after I used DG Aquawax and Megs Quik Wax, I never looked back. It could have been that it just didn’t play nice with the sealant that I use (DG 111) bit others did...

Like others mentioned, you can also use a rinseless wash product and dilute it to a quick detailer. A much more affordable solution that still provides lubrication (and some even provide a bit of protection). Hope that helps

wolfpack1
02-28-2019, 07:54 PM
I use Meguiars Last Touch. Maybe there are better products out there, but, it works for me. I also dilute it and use as a clay lube.

TheMidnightNarwhal
02-28-2019, 08:18 PM
Oh ok wasn't exepcting these replies! I agree a detailler IMO is obsolete in that I won't really clean my car without a proper wash.

I just thought a detailer would be something that gives good lube.

Why I was seeing the V07 as the optimal choice since good lube to dry the paint and "polymers" to renew or add some protection.

For quite sometime I used the Griot’s spray on wax that adds wax as you dry and was very happy with it. I ran out and started using another’s brand not sold on here. I like it but it’s nothing like the Griot’s product.

Would you say the spray wax had good lube/cleaning? For example if you had a fingerprint or a smudge would you be comfortable using Griot spray wax to wipe it off?

PaulMys
02-28-2019, 08:26 PM
To throw you for another loop.......... Check out Duragloss Aquawax.

Another tried and true product lost in the shuffle. :props:

TheMidnightNarwhal
02-28-2019, 08:43 PM
To throw you for another loop.......... Check out Duragloss Aquawax.

Another tried and true product lost in the shuffle. :props:

So much products hahaha. I was also thinking about P&S beadmaker..

spazzz
02-28-2019, 08:45 PM
If I was to pick one(that I have used) for simple and semi durable it would be Opti-seal.
But since then I have swayed to ECH20/Reload for a pretty dazzling look and Sonax BSD for durability.

Nothing that I have used is as easy as Opti-seal, not even Hyper-seal.

But for starts you will have to let this thread run to get some more ideas.

Rrthomas78
02-28-2019, 08:46 PM
I like Griot's bos detailer too but what is in it makes it so you can't use it as a drying aid or a clay lube...speed shine should be fine for both of those if you wanna stay with Griot's. Also I think their original spray wax can be used as a drying aid but bos spray wax can't...85% sure about that

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

TheMidnightNarwhal
02-28-2019, 08:49 PM
If I was to pick one(that I have used) for simple and semi durable it would be Opti-seal.
But since then I have swayed to ECH20/Reload for a pretty dazzling look and Sonax BSD for durability.

Nothing that I have used is as easy as Opti-seal, not even Hyper-seal.

But for starts you will have to let this thread run to get some more ideas.

Sorry I'm not really looking at a durable LSP since Collinite 476 would already be there. Just something to lube for drying when I do 2 buckets and a leafblower isn't enough and something for small touch ups and cleaning/drying watery door jambs after a cleaning. And renew the wax or gloss. Don't care if it only last like 1 week since my Collionite will be under taht and I do weekly wash mostly, or bi weekly.

TheMidnightNarwhal
02-28-2019, 08:51 PM
I like Griot's bos detailer too but what is in it makes it so you can't use it as a drying aid or a clay lube...speed shine should be fine for both of those if you wanna stay with Griot's. Also I think their original spray wax can be used as a drying aid but bos spray wax can't...85% sure about that

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

I was watching the video. I was expecting the guy to say BOS Detailer also use as a drying aid I was surprised when he just said the BOS sprayw ax but then goes on to say the BOS Detailer is a mix of speed shine and spray wax. So I was just really confused.

Even in the comment Griot reply to someone asking "Can best of show detailer be use as a drying aid?" and they reply "It cannot." I think I'll just get CG V07 and call it a day lol. AIO product.

YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRX1clUZzUs)

DavidAl
02-28-2019, 08:58 PM
Oh ok wasn't exepcting these replies! I agree a detailler IMO is obsolete in that I won't really clean my car without a proper wash.

I just thought a detailer would be something that gives good lube.

Why I was seeing the V07 as the optimal choice since good lube to dry the paint and "polymers" to renew or add some protection.

Would you say the spray wax had good lube/cleaning? For example if you had a fingerprint or a smudge would you be comfortable using Griot spray wax to wipe it off?

Unfortunately, no. But I didn’t buy it for that reason. I wanted something to add protection on top of base protection every time I washed my car. It’s just a great product. So much so that I’m purposefully over applying the wax as you dry I have now so I can go back to Griot’s.