PDA

View Full Version : Just checking before I go ahead with this

Zack01GC
02-29-2008, 09:39 PM
A guy from a local forum got word that I do small details as a side job. He asked me to buff his new headlights that he just had wetsanded down to 2000 grit, and wondered if I can clear them up for him

1. I don't know if I can tackle this with my current supplies. After running out of damn near everything last fall, I decided not to reorder just yet because winter was right around the corner. The polishes I have at my immediate disposal are SSR1 and SSR2.5. I have a PC 7336 with The Edge White, Blue, and Green pads. Can it be done?

I have used SSR1 on my headlights, but they weren't sanded. Had no problem.

2. If it can not be done, please state why so I have something to tell the guy when I say I can't.

3. Headlights are not installed on the car. This means Left hand holding the light... right hand manning the PC. Any other suggestions?

Just thought I'd check here and make sure. I don't want to screw up this guys new (to him) headlights.

GeorgiaHybrid
02-29-2008, 09:54 PM
No problem, they will polish out fine. Try the green pad with SSR2.5 to get the bulk of the polishing done, switch to the blue with SSR1.

Top it off with Plexus or equal for UV protection and you are good to go. Total time about 15 minutes.

Zack01GC
02-29-2008, 09:57 PM
Phew, thanks. He wants no protectant... he is applying some sort of tint to them once they are clear again. Thanks again.

GeorgiaHybrid
02-29-2008, 10:25 PM
If you start doing more headlight jobs, try the 4" edge pads made for the Cyclo polisher. They will fit your adapter and let you get into tighter areas and do a very nice job.

Zack01GC
02-29-2008, 10:35 PM
The Cyclo pads will fit on the PC Edge adapter?

GeorgiaHybrid
02-29-2008, 10:41 PM
The Edge pads do. Try this link.

Cyclo DoublePrecision pads are double-sided foam buffing pads for the Cyclo polisher. (http://www.autogeek.net/doubleprecision-cyclo-pads.html)

Zack01GC
03-01-2008, 09:33 AM
May have to add those to the shopping list now.