PDA

View Full Version : Natural and synthetic clay?

Demonicus666
07-12-2006, 10:55 PM
Hey guys im new here and i was wondering what clay is considered natural and what kind of clay is considered sythethic thanks. I have Clay Magic blue grade medium 100mg clay bar is that a natural clay bar? If there are sythetic clay bars where can i get them or who makes them thanks!

ScottB
07-12-2006, 11:20 PM
It appears from my imprompt homework that most of the clays offered are of a similar design. It seems one company is actually bringing suit against alot of companies claiming to offer their own. I do know that Pinnacles Ultra Fine Clay was designed via them. Not sure on natural versus synthetic makeup, but none seem to be anywhere close to the clay you commonly find in the mountains. Maybe they are considered hybrids ??

scooterguitar
07-13-2006, 09:03 AM
I often wondered if something liek playdough would work!

Torsion Tool
07-13-2006, 09:14 AM
Scooter - will raid my kid's drawer this weekend and try it. Will report results in about two weeks.

scooterguitar
07-13-2006, 09:41 AM
Two weeks! Are you afraid of your kids?

Torsion Tool
07-13-2006, 10:44 AM
Annual vacation with the family. Of course, I will be detailing for about six days assuming my order arrives as redirected and planned. Hope so.

wytstang
07-13-2006, 10:51 AM
It appears from my imprompt homework that most of the clays offered are of a similar design. It seems one company is actually bringing suit against alot of companies claiming to offer their own. I do know that Pinnacles Ultra Fine Clay was designed via them. Not sure on natural versus synthetic makeup, but none seem to be anywhere close to the clay you commonly find in the mountains. Maybe they are considered hybrids ?? Copy and paste:
AWC, originally patented detailing clay and the clay process. They defended their rights very agressively in court. When ITW purchased AWC, the primary asset they bought is the clay patents and the relationship with the manufacturer. 100% of all clay manufacturing is in Japan through one company. Some companies go directly to the manufacturer and pay a licensing fee on every bar made, while others buy direct from ITW. In others words There is ONLY ONE manufacture of clay left in the world. As a result, the price of clay is going up.

scooterguitar
07-13-2006, 12:12 PM
I like my playdough idea more and more after that reading!

BILL
07-13-2006, 01:25 PM
Hey guys I'm new here and i was wondering what clay is considered natural and what kind of clay is considered synthetic thanks. I have Clay Magic blue grade medium Mg clay bar is that a natural clay bar? If there are synthetic clay bars where can i get them or who makes them thanks!

Hmmmmmmmm, id say for natural?? Hallie Barrie, synthetic,?? Pam Anderson:cheers:

FloridaNative
07-13-2006, 03:00 PM
Hmmmmmmmm, id say for natural?? Hallie Barrie, synthetic,?? Pam Anderson:cheers:

LOL Okay you got 2 on the color spectrum what about Salma Hayek for tawny brown??:p

BILL
07-13-2006, 04:02 PM
LOL Okay you got 2 on the color spectrum what about Salma Hayek for tawny brown??:p

From Coatzacoalcos, Veracruz, Mexico?????? A REAL NATURAL BEAUTY:applause: :)