02-28-2019, 02:06 AM
I recently placed an order for some handheld sprayers to replace my cheapos:

(2) IK 1.5 Foam sprayer
(4) IK 1.5 Multi sprayer

Chemicals I plan to use in the Foam sprayers:

Meguiar's Wheel Brightnener
McKee's 37 Engine Degreaser

Chemicals I plan to use in the Multi sprayers:

WG Uber Rinseless Wash (for presoaking/QD/claylube)
McKee's 37 Road Kill Bug Remover
Optimum Power Clean 3:1 (wheel wells)
McKee's 37 Iron Remover

First question:

Can I leave these harsh chemicals (Wheel Brightener, Iron Remover, Engine Degreaser, etc.) in these sprayers for long periods of time without worrying about damaging them?

Second question:

Which products work exceptionally well when applied as foam?

North1Star
02-28-2019, 02:59 AM
Same question

hmardown
02-28-2019, 07:55 AM
snowracer
I was looking to mix a wheel cleaner with some kind of foaming soap. spazzz lead me to iron-x soap, but I didn't like the reviews. I'm interested to see if someone comes up with a good iron remover/foam soap mixture. in the meantime my plan is to keep my IK sprayer full of foam soap. and what I'll do is spray the wheels with an iron remover & let them sit. just before drying I'll hit them with the foam soap. as far as my foam cannon I store left over product in a jug. then I'll run clean water through the foam cannon to rinse it. I would think you could store a harsher product in the IK sprayer(jmo). good luck, I'm subscribed.
hmardown

Coatingsarecrack
02-28-2019, 12:54 PM
The manual says after each use to clean with water. I don’t think chemicals would harm the bottle but maybe sprayers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WRAPT C5Z06
03-01-2019, 10:25 PM
I leave griots surface prep wash @ 10:1 in my IK Foam 9. Seems to be ok.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

Coatingsarecrack
03-02-2019, 05:24 AM
I leave griots surface prep wash @ 10:1 in my IK Foam 9. Seems to be ok.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

Side bar: what do you think of the surface prep... does it actually remove sealants?

WRAPT C5Z06
03-02-2019, 05:30 AM
Side bar: what do you think of the surface prep... does it actually remove sealants?

Using it foam on, dwell, rinse off doesn't even remove dirt...lol! It definitely needs agitation!! I don't really use it on the paint, unless I need to spot treat. At 10:1, I foam fender wells and tires. With agitation, it cleans them good. I really haven't tested it to remove sealants.

Coatingsarecrack
03-03-2019, 01:35 AM
Using it foam on, dwell, rinse off doesn't even remove dirt...lol! It definitely needs agitation!! I don't really use it on the paint, unless I need to spot treat. At 10:1, I foam fender wells and tires. With agitation, it cleans them good. I really haven't tested it to remove sealants.

And that’s the orangish surface prep and not the white foaming surface wash?

WRAPT C5Z06
03-04-2019, 08:27 AM
And that’s the orangish surface prep and not the white foaming surface wash?

Orange stuff. IIRC, the white does a better job removing surface dirt. Strange.

Coatingsarecrack
03-04-2019, 03:09 PM
Orange stuff. IIRC, the white does a better job removing surface dirt. Strange.

Love the white stuff and found gallon of prep for 25$ somewhere and was gonna try it. Hoping it would help strip Lsp for coating chemically..... oh well

WRAPT C5Z06
03-04-2019, 03:50 PM
Love the white stuff and found gallon of prep for 25$ somewhere and was gonna try it. Hoping it would help strip Lsp for coating chemically..... oh well

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkIf you agitate it, it will have some effect, especially if the lsp is not fresh. Definitely needs agitation with wash media.

snowracer21
03-05-2019, 10:37 PM
So...back to the original question...anyone have any answers?

I'll be filling my new IK sprayers w/ the previously mentioned products...guess I'll post here in a few months w/ updates.

Coatingsarecrack
03-06-2019, 02:34 AM
The manual says after each use to clean with water. I don’t think chemicals would harm the bottle but maybe sprayers?

This was from manual from manufacturer..... soooooooo......