Pages : 1 2 [3]

RAdkins
02-26-2019, 08:09 PM
Yeah, this detailing thing/hobby/obsession ain’t cheap :cry:

Klasse Act
02-26-2019, 08:12 PM
$35.00 for the sprayer

$50.00 for the foaming wheel cleaner

(12 oz is the strongest so it makes 2 gallons w/ 8 oz left over to make a moderate level cleaner..or 4 gallons @ 8 oz ratio)

$$$hipping varies to location, so $85.00 plus shipping.

You see, Motorsports people looking to clean their wheels are a bit different, especially Porsche people, they want products that simply work and are well engineered to perform a task as advertised, so this person can decide for themselves without the banter. Even someone who's apart of the working poor use the good stuff for this very reason.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

RAdkins
02-26-2019, 08:17 PM
Yeah, unfortunately I want to track my daily driver. But also keep it looking good with minimal effort. Thank you everyone for you help and recommendations.

Eldorado2k
02-26-2019, 08:19 PM
$35.00 for the sprayer

(12 oz is the strongest so it makes 2 gallons w/ 8 oz left over to make a moderate level cleaner..or 4 gallons @ 8 oz ratio)

You see, Motorsports people looking to clean their wheels are a bit different, especially Porsche people, they want products that simply work and are well engineered to perform a task as advertised, so this person can decide for themselves without the banter. Even someone who's apart of the working poor use the good stuff for this very reason.

What’d I tell you about Brown Royal? Btw I watched Gavs Details vid and that stuff didn’t even remove the brake dust on the barrels. Weaksauce. Go look at the Brown Royal vids and see how it walks all over that fanatic cleaner. There’s no comparison.

Klasse Act
02-26-2019, 08:46 PM
What’d I tell you about Brown Royal? Btw I watched Gavs Details vid and that stuff didn’t even remove the brake dust on the barrels. Weaksauce. Go look at the Brown Royal vids and see how it walks all over that fanatic cleaner. There’s no comparison.Well, we can go round and round on this because Phil, owner of Auto-fanatic, did a cleaning of a wheel barrel of a M-B wheel and his product in fact did clean those barrels, so I too can say GO WATCH THE VIDEO.

Rrthomas78
02-26-2019, 09:47 PM
I am [emoji817] with w/b and 143....at this point I can't see me ever changing...I am not a pro so a little agitation does not bother me

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

392hemi
02-27-2019, 12:18 AM
What’d I tell you about Brown Royal? Btw I watched Gavs Details vid and that stuff didn’t even remove the brake dust on the barrels. Weaksauce. Go look at the Brown Royal vids and see how it walks all over that fanatic cleaner. There’s no comparison.

+1 for brown royal! That stuff works so good, it should be illegal! Helped a friend clean his car and had him buy some. Used it on some SE-R rims, it worked amazingly. This was about 8 to years ago.

Definitely one of the most underrated products of all time, cheap and works. Doesnt get enough mention IMO.

SWETM
02-27-2019, 01:39 AM
It can be that you have a combo of break dust and the adisive that holds the break pads together. Which I have had success with combo of wheel cleaner and a tar remover. Sometimes unfortuneally the heat from the breaks residue has melted the clearcoat under it and failed. But since it's rather new you can rescue it when getting it cleaned and a great protection applyied on them. I use to switch between the wheel cleaner and the tar remover when cleaning them. Just do a very thorough rinse after each aggitations and dwell time. So you don't get the chemicals crossed.

Desertnate
02-27-2019, 09:37 AM
Yes. 100% safe. And just for the record, I’ve never seen a wheel cleaner to this date that wasn’t safe for clear coated wheels. I’ll go out on a limb and say there’s no such thing as a wheel cleaner that isn’t safe for clear coated wheels.

I've experienced a wheel cleaner ruining a set of wheels first hand.

Several years ago, I purchased some Meguiars general wheel cleaner from a big box store (don't remember the product name now) for a quick job on my daughter's Subaru Outback. The front facing surface of the spokes were brushed aluminum and the sides of the spokes and other surfaces were painted. All the surfaces, regardless of finish were covered in a clear coat. I sprayed the wheel cleaner on the cold wheels, agitated to get them clean, and immediatly rinsed them off pretty heavily. While the painted areas looked pretty good, the wheel cleaner caused clear coat on the brushed aluminum areas to take on a hazy, milky apperance. Despite further washing and even a couple polish tests, I was never able to get them looking the same again.

ClearVue18
02-27-2019, 12:31 PM
$35.00 for the sprayer

Sent from my SM-G950U using TapatalkIt will be ok. Lol it could be a lot worse. Lol

Sent from my SM-N960U using Autogeekonline mobile app

DBAILEY
02-27-2019, 02:23 PM
I haven't noticed that you've tried a tar remover yet. Brake dust will stick to the tar deposits and will bleed making it seem like a giant blob of brake dust. Try a strong tar remover then go back to the iron removing wheel cleaner afterwards and see what that does for you.