PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars APC and white fabric

IslaTurbine
02-25-2019, 04:21 PM
My 928 has a white and black Pasha interior, which is like a cross between velour and terry cloth. I need to do some like stain removal but only have Meguiars APC laying around. I’ve read that a 10:1 dilution can work well for interior fabric but I’m a bit concerned that it might leave behind a green color from the APC. Any opinions on if it would be acceptable to use? http://www.928classics.com/uploads/3/5/2/8/35288711/0216181637d_orig.jpg

john b
02-25-2019, 05:25 PM
I would use a dedicated fabric cleaner on that if it were me

Eldorado2k
02-25-2019, 05:59 PM
Use Folex.

Bill D
02-25-2019, 06:01 PM
Definitely a real fabric cleaner. I tried APC on the cloth of a chair and it permanently dyed it blue.

DetailedByPrecision
02-25-2019, 07:31 PM
Definitely a real fabric cleaner. I tried APC on the cloth of a chair and it permanently dyed it blue.

Mind sharing which brand APC or private message me? Thanks. I solely only use OPC because of the occasional testimonies like this.

Eldorado2k
02-25-2019, 07:33 PM
Mind sharing which brand APC or private message me? Thanks. I solely only use OPC because of the occasional testimonies like this.

Isn’t OPC a degreaser?

Bill D
02-25-2019, 08:05 PM

I can mention it publicly because it’s no longer manufactured. It was the original blue Meguiar’s APC +. I still have some but have no trouble using it on auto carpets.

DetailedByPrecision
02-25-2019, 08:06 PM
Isn’t OPC a degreaser?

yup. I dilute it accordingly to the task on hand and the results Im looking for. For exterior, i use it to clean wheel wells, trim, emblems, cracks, crevices if the exterior condition is neglected. Never left any stains or chemical etching behind. For interiors, I use it on plastic, vinyl, fabric(but not on stains that require specific interior cleaners like Meg protein stain and tannin stain remover), coated synthetic leather. Never had any problems so far... I do have specific fabric cleaners and leather cleaners as well from varying brands.