PDA

View Full Version : Opti Coat questions

Coopers ST
02-21-2019, 09:03 PM
Looking at ordering Opti Coat glass coat. Does this product interfere with rain sensing wipers? I have never had a car with them so not sure how or where it senses rain.
Opti coat gloss coat, does it interfere with all the radar, lane sensors, blind spot sensors, all of that?

I am sure neither do, but before I spend the money for all the coating stuff thought I would ask.

Setec Astronomy
02-21-2019, 09:32 PM
Gloss-Coat won't interfere with any sensors, and Opti-Glass won't interfere with the wiper sensor, other than it may change the beading characteristics which is going to change how the wipers work...if you know what I mean.

I find the Opti-Glass sprayer to clog if you don't use it often, it might be better to use the Opti-Glass cleaner more often instead of using Opti-Glass, if that's of any interest to you.

EDIT: Holy cow they jacked up the price on Opti-Glass--I"m sure it was no more than $60 when I bought it, now it's $80 (list).

The Guz
02-21-2019, 10:27 PM
It won’t block anything. Have you considered a coating that is a much stronger performer than Gloss Coat? The biggest pro about it is the ease of use. But in my experience it lacks in the performance/durability aspect.

Their opti-glass coating is pretty good. Can be a bit of a pain during wipe off but it works fairly well.

Coopers ST
02-21-2019, 10:44 PM
What other coating would you recommend? I have never used one before except Dlux on wheels and trim, so I thought starting there would be good.

The Guz
02-22-2019, 12:08 AM
What other coating would you recommend? I have never used one before except Dlux on wheels and trim, so I thought starting there would be good.

Cquartz UK 3.0 which is readily available and sold here on Autogeek.

Coopers ST
02-22-2019, 02:25 AM
Cquartz UK 3.0 which is readily available and sold here on Autogeek.

Thank you I think I will make that change. Have you tried their fabric coating? How is it compared to others available here?

The Guz
02-22-2019, 03:13 PM
Yes I have tried it. Only other one I have used is 303 fabric and that works just as good.