PDA

View Full Version : How fast can you wash an "average" size car?

Pages : [1] 2 3

yakky
02-21-2019, 05:12 PM
I'm always looking to find out way to wash a car more quickly. Including getting supplies out and back, I think I can do it all in 30 minutes, inluding wheels and drying off the car with a leaf blower and then a quick spray wax as I dry the last bit of water. Want to hear from folks that are faster, how do you do it?

Oz_TCH
02-21-2019, 07:44 PM
To me time stand still when I do anything on my car, be it wash or wax, etc. Its therapeutic, like sex almost, not really concerned of the time.

But if I was doing someone else's car and wanted to do it as quickly as possible, I think 30-45 mins. I would pre-spray lower half of car with ONR, if lot of white salt on side of car I may use Salt Away for Pre Spray. Then foam with portable foamer, scrub, wipe, rinse. Use drying aid towel dry. Yeah 30-45 mins, I would think.

Eldorado2k
02-21-2019, 08:10 PM
To me time stand still when I do anything on my car, be it wash or wax, etc. Its therapeutic, like sex almost

The nosey neighbors prevent those of us without a garage to reach this level of enjoyment.[emoji23]

PaulMys
02-21-2019, 08:16 PM
The nosey neighbors prevent those of us without a garage to reach this kind of enjoyment.[emoji23]

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

PaulMys
02-21-2019, 08:20 PM
If I am really hustling, (which I rarely do) I can RW the Ram including wheels/wheel wells in about 40-45 minutes.

This includes drying with my leaf blower and the indispensable Griot's PFM.

Bruno Soares
02-21-2019, 08:23 PM
Start to finish: 2 hours

FUNX650
02-21-2019, 08:25 PM
The phrase:
‘How fast can I wash an average-sized car’
(or any-sized car/vehicle, for that matter)
is not part of my vocabulary.

Elseways:
‘How fast can I safely wash any-sized
vehicle’ actually is part of my vocabulary.

Bob

PaulMys
02-21-2019, 08:33 PM
The phrase:

Elseways:

Bob

Excellent point, Bob.

I should have mentioned this in my post.

If given to be "Willy-Nilly" about it, I'm sure I could "wash" in about 20 minutes.

ClearVue18
02-21-2019, 08:44 PM
Wash only 15 mins and wash and vac 35 mins

Sent from my SM-N960U using Autogeekonline mobile app

yakky
02-22-2019, 09:43 AM
The phrase:

Elseways:

Bob

Good point Bob, the safe wash was implied, but I should have made that clear.

For me, a lot of the speed hangs on washing in the early morning or late, late evening as I find with the sun being down I can wash a whole lot more area with a lot less rinsing. I usually do roof and windows in one pass, then passenger side and trunk in another, then hood and drivers side. Wheels are probably my biggest time sink. If I'm washing mid day in the summer, my times go way up.

mc2hill
02-22-2019, 11:25 AM
I mostly do Rineseless washes and clean the body & wheels in 20 minutes. And after 18 months of ownership there are no swirls. 2 buckets, only a Grit Guard in the rinse bucket, high quality Microfiber wash mitt, 370 GSM towels to damp wipe, Detail Spray to extra shine and GG 16x16 PFM towels to dry.

Coach Steve
02-22-2019, 12:02 PM
This question has been asked numerous times over the years and there are always those who say they can thoroughly wash and dry a car, start to finish, in less than 30 mins. - some even stating they can do it in 15 mins. I have to call B.S on this! They're either doing a half-assed job or they're leaving parts unwashed, which actually falls under the first option.
To properly do all 4 wheels/tires - including the barrels, remove all the bugs and splatter on the front end - including the grille work, removing the tar, gum, etc., that's been slung up onto the lower portion of the car, wash inside the gas door, wash the mirrors, and then the main body of the car, there's no way this can be done in less than 30 mins.
I'm shocked when I pull it off in less than an hour!
I challenge anyone who says they can do a proper, complete wash and dry in less than 30 mins. to prove it by making a video and posting it.

Bruno Soares
02-22-2019, 02:11 PM
This question has been asked numerous times over the years and there are always those who say they can thoroughly wash and dry a car, start to finish, in less than 30 mins. - some even stating they can do it in 15 mins. I have to call B.S on this! They're either doing a half-assed job or they're leaving parts unwashed, which actually falls under the first option.
To properly do all 4 wheels/tires - including the barrels, remove all the bugs and splatter on the front end - including the grille work, removing the tar, gum, etc., that's been slung up onto the lower portion of the car, wash inside the gas door, wash the mirrors, and then the main body of the car, there's no way this can be done in less than 30 mins.
I'm shocked when I pull it off in less than an hour!
I challenge anyone who says they can do a proper, complete wash and dry in less than 30 mins. to prove it by making a video and posting it.

That's why I said 2 hours. 30 minutes is how long it takes me to do wheels alone I think. Probably half hour to set up and later to put things away / clean up brushes and buckets. The washing the car part is the fastest. Drying also takes a while as I first use a blow dryer and then go around the whole car with quick detailer and a towel. Then windows and tires. Usually between 1.5 and 2 hours, mostly closer to the 2 hour mark.

rangerbay
02-22-2019, 02:18 PM
That's why I said 2 hours. 30 minutes is how long it takes me to do wheels alone I think. Probably half hour to set up and later to put things away / clean up brushes and buckets. The washing the car part is the fastest. Drying also takes a while as I first use a blow dryer and then go around the whole car with quick detailer and a towel. Then windows and tires. Usually between 1.5 and 2 hours, mostly closer to the 2 hour mark.

I think you're right on the actual true time involved, Bruno.
That's not including the beer runs. There's another half hour right there!

wpgtkd
02-22-2019, 04:00 PM
2 1/2 to 3 for my F150. Wheels, tires and wheel wells take me 40 minutes. I usually wipe out door jams and interior side of glass. Includes clean the bed liner with a broom. I don't rush just a steady pace.