PDA

View Full Version : Poorboys products for detailing.

ynkjeter
07-12-2006, 10:42 PM
What is everybodys opinion about an all poorboys detailing system? This would include:

Step 1: SSR1 swirl remover/polish

Step 2: EX Sealant

Step 3: Poorboys Nattys Paste Wax: Blue

I just would like to hear some opinions, and what may work better. I also own Klasse but am currently not using it, so if that works better somewhere in the mix, let me know.

Thanks.

joe.p
07-12-2006, 10:53 PM
Steves products are highly recomended by many for therir ease of use,also they claim they can be used in the sun. I have not used them in this way only because i don't like to use any product in directly sun light..NB is used by many people on almost every other forum.Nattys look is almost equal to Souveran and much cheaper. This also might explain its popularity.others will chime inn. if you have time to do a search on PB's you'll find all the information you can use.

ScottB
07-12-2006, 11:28 PM
SSR 1.0 is a very light finishing polish so finish must be in great shape, otherwise consider it after using 2.0 or 2.5 (forum fav).

And I will go out and say that I dont feel Nattys Blue is comparable to Souveran Paste. Sure there is a price difference, and maybe some of the differences seem minute (depth, color, wetness) but if you use Souveran after or with Natty Blue (different panels side/side) you will see some difference. Not a bad wax at all, truly a deal at its price, but looks are more on par with DP Max Wax and Sig Series IMO.

justin_murphy
07-12-2006, 11:30 PM
I hear ALOT of good things about PB's products. Alot of mobile detailers use them. I don't think you could go wrong with that list.

Reddwarf
07-12-2006, 11:31 PM
I have used several of the PB products (Natty's Blue (http://www.autogeek.net/nattys-blue.html), Natural look (http://www.autogeek.net/pbnl16.html), Spray & Gloss (http://www.autogeek.net/pbsg16.html), S&W (http://www.autogeek.net/pbsaw16.html). and the wheel cleaner (http://www.autogeek.net/pbsrwc32.html). No complaints about any of them! All great products. I highly recommend them. The Spray and wipe is fantastic, the whhel cleaner is the most powerful I've ever used and I like the look of the natural look spray on the dash. Not shiny, just clean.

K-Dogg
07-13-2006, 01:52 AM
I've used Natty's Blue as a topper over DP Spray Sealant, after letting it cure overnight w/very good results. To get a little extra "pop", I also use DP FGB with a final wipedown. Killer!

Just wish PB would repackage NB in a wider (but shallower) tub to fit the size of a regular foam pad. Gets kinda tough scraping the sides when you get down there... :D

Meghan
07-13-2006, 06:37 AM
PB products have a great reputation, you will be happy with that list of yours.

Mike T
07-13-2006, 07:45 AM
You can't gp wrong with PB's. Alot of my fav stuff comes from PB's.

ScottB
07-13-2006, 07:47 AM
Just wish PB would repackage NB in a wider (but shallower) tub to fit the size of a regular foam pad. Gets kinda tough scraping the sides when you get down there... :D

Most carnaubas can be taken out of the tub in one piece, like a bar of soap, so that you can rub on pads as desired. Might help initially with keeping the sides aligned with the rest of the chunk.

scooterguitar
07-13-2006, 09:06 AM
I would sgo with EXP opposed to EX since you are getting Natty Blue ( a must on the blue!).
I assume, if I had to buy only one brand, it would be PB, everything I try by them I like or love and their pricing is great. Sure, you can always find better, but $ for $, hard to beat.

Surfer
07-13-2006, 09:26 AM
I love their products, especially Natty's Blue. Only wax I've seen edge it out is Souveran. What their products offer for the price is unbeatable. Only product of theirs that I haven't had good luck with is Trim Restorer, I can't seem to get more then a couple days out of it whereas others are getting a month or longer. Maybe I received I bad batch, even trying to buff it after sitting it's still greasy/oily?

Darren F
07-13-2006, 10:13 AM
Only used Poor Boys QW+ and love it

wytstang
07-13-2006, 10:32 AM
I love their products, especially Natty's Blue. Only wax I've seen edge it out is Souveran. What their products offer for the price is unbeatable. Only product of theirs that I haven't had good luck with is Trim Restorer, I can't seem to get more then a couple days out of it whereas others are getting a month or longer. Maybe I received I bad batch, even trying to buff it after sitting it's still greasy/oily?
Really?I got 3 weeks out of it, it would have gone longer but it's been raining pretty frequently here in SC (reminds my of Fl summer down pours)

K-Dogg
07-14-2006, 03:10 AM
Most carnaubas can be taken out of the tub in one piece, like a bar of soap, so that you can rub on pads as desired. Might help initially with keeping the sides aligned with the rest of the chunk.

Mahalo for the tip Killr!

My current tub of Natty's has this big concave in it, tried to tap it down and it broke up into chunks... :( Well, learned my lesson! Might be a while but I'm keeping this in mind when I make my next Natty's Blue purchase!