PDA

View Full Version : Ceramic coating quartz/granite countertops?

Misael7
02-16-2019, 04:36 PM
Anyone have a go at coating polished countertop surfaces? I have an outdoor kitchen that I seal every 6 months and I thought about the ceramic coating and its longevity.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Autogeekonline mobile app

BudgetPlan1
02-16-2019, 07:15 PM
I did a year or so ago, looked good, dunno if it did any good over anything else like what folks normally use on granite.

Did also coat stainless appliances and their black touchpads...stayed *much* cleaner and better looking for a long time.

MBC1965
02-17-2019, 09:28 AM
I recently tried Meguiar's new Hybrid Ceramic Wax on my indoor granite countertops and the results were marginal. That stuff is amazing on cars though. I highly recommend it for cars. I ended up using Collinite 845 on my granite countertops and it worked great. I would imagine Collinite will properly protect your outdoor hard surface countertop as it would the paint on your car. Good Luck!

DETAILROOKIE
02-17-2019, 10:40 AM
I was just about to try Klasse AIO on my granite, perhaps I'll top it off with Collinite 845.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

MBC1965
02-17-2019, 10:47 AM
I was just about to try Klasse AIO on my granite, perhaps I'll top it off with Collinite 845.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

I would recommend it. Short of bringing in my DA polisher, the Collinite was the best solution so far. I may try others in the future.

Kaban
02-17-2019, 11:14 AM
Why stop at a wax? Just wrap the granite with PPF. Go big or go home.

MBC1965
02-18-2019, 09:52 AM
Why stop at a wax? Just wrap the granite with PPF. Go big or go home.

Does PPF handle hot items from the stove? If not it seems like I’ll be going home with that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amalik
02-18-2019, 10:22 AM
I recently tried Meguiar's new Hybrid Ceramic Wax on my indoor granite countertops and the results were marginal. That stuff is amazing on cars though. I highly recommend it for cars. I ended up using Collinite 845 on my granite countertops and it worked great. I would imagine Collinite will properly protect your outdoor hard surface countertop as it would the paint on your car. Good Luck!

Did you band or machine apply the 845?

MBC1965
02-18-2019, 10:45 AM
Did you band or machine apply the 845?

Hand application.

Misael7
02-18-2019, 01:40 PM
I'll give the Collinite 845 a shot thank you!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Autogeekonline mobile app

shineocd
02-18-2019, 09:04 PM
Thanks for starting this thread. I was wondering the same thing. I don't mean to take this off topic but i was wondering if ceramic coatings would work in a shower as well? How cool would it be to use the hydrophobic properties of a CC in a shower? Anyone ever tried it?

BudgetPlan1
02-18-2019, 09:32 PM
Thanks for starting this thread. I was wondering the same thing. I don't mean to take this off topic but i was wondering if ceramic coatings would work in a shower as well? How cool would it be to use the hydrophobic properties of a CC in a shower? Anyone ever tried it?It helps keep things clean, easier to clean. Apparently a tough environment though, doesn't last nearly as long as on a car.

And yes, the solid surface shower walls were clayed, polished and wiped down prior to coating although I did skip the Iron Remover.

Sometimes the winters are long and boring here...

Jon TDS
04-21-2019, 08:55 PM
Safe for food prep? I mean I use plates and cutting boards but 5 second rule?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk