PDA

View Full Version : CarPro coatings: how much longer after exp date?

parshisa
02-16-2019, 02:09 PM
I’ve got some CQTiO2 left overs as well as new unopened gliss. CQ expired Oct 2018, and gliss july 2018. Wanted to re-coat my civic and wondering if they are still go to be used.

Thanks men

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

The Guz
02-16-2019, 02:37 PM
Does it look like it has started to crystallize in the bottle? If not then I would say you are ok to use them.

parshisa
02-16-2019, 02:38 PM
Does it look like it has started to crystallize in the bottle? If not then I would say you are ok to use them.

No Sir, they look perfectly liquid. Some crystallized stuff on the neck of the opened container but that’s expected

Rsurfer
02-16-2019, 04:02 PM
No Sir, they look perfectly liquid. Some crystallized stuff on the neck of the opened container but that’s expected

Your good to go, but be very careful wiping the bottle neck.

RZJZA80
02-16-2019, 05:06 PM
I'm curious if the durability is compromised even if it looks fine but beyond it's expiration. What's the expiration supposed to denote?

acuRAS82
02-16-2019, 05:58 PM
I'm curious if the durability is compromised even if it looks fine but beyond it's expiration. What's the expiration supposed to denote?

The time the manufacturer would like you to come back and purchase more... and probably protects them from complaints of crystallization.

Setec Astronomy
02-16-2019, 06:05 PM
Ok...let me go slightly off-topic and ask about the shelf life of HydrO2--I have some that's really old, I'm sure I used it way past the expiration date and it was fine, but I forgot about it and haven't used any in a long time, I used a little a couple of weeks ago and it didn't really seem like it was working.