PDA

View Full Version : New Car Paint Defects

chipmb2985
02-14-2019, 01:30 PM
I had my front end repainted a couple months ago and recently noticed some bumps and divots like these.

Are these anything to be concerned about (aesthetics aside)?

Can these be corrected?

Rsurfer
02-14-2019, 01:35 PM
I had my front end repainted a couple months ago and recently noticed some bumps and divots like these.

Are these anything to be concerned about (aesthetics aside)?

Can these be corrected?
Yeah, it can be corrected..have them repaint it.

chipmb2985
02-14-2019, 01:44 PM
Yeah, it can be corrected..have them repaint it.

Haha! My faith in this body shop is not very high. I’ve already brought it back like 4 times.

Just hoping it won’t lift up and crack.

chipmb2985
02-17-2019, 10:13 AM
The paint actually pops out. It looks like clearcoat blob. Can this be wet sanded or just needs to be completely redone?

Farmallluvr
02-17-2019, 11:56 AM
Haha! My faith in this body shop is not very high. I’ve already brought it back like 4 times.

Just hoping it won’t lift up and crack.

4x?,,,mistakes happen but 4x?....if it's higher than the rest its a run or sag and you can only do so much with it but it's not going to cause any problems other than looking crappy.
you (or them ) could try sanding it down but its hard to take down just the run and not the clear beside it so you may still a bit of it there.

another option is to take it to another shop for a second opinion and have them inspect the rest of the paint job as well

chipmb2985
02-17-2019, 01:00 PM
4x?,,,mistakes happen but 4x?....if it's higher than the rest its a run or sag and you can only do so much with it but it's not going to cause any problems other than looking crappy.
you (or them ) could try sanding it down but its hard to take down just the run and not the clear beside it so you may still a bit of it there.

another option is to take it to another shop for a second opinion and have them inspect the rest of the paint job as well

Yeah it’s been quite the mess. It was just front bumper and fender damage. They first tried to salvage the bumper and delivered it with a cracked bumper and cracked headlight. Then excessive orange peel. Then headlight that was not hooked up. LOL. It got exhausting after a while. Just my daily driver but cmon.

Thanks. Anyway it was through insurance so I’m not sure if there’s a whole lot of options besides them “fixing” things or me.

Love the 2nd shop idea. Wonder if I could run it by insurance. They will probably tell me it’s shop’s problem now.

Farmallluvr
02-17-2019, 02:53 PM
Yeah it’s been quite the mess. It was just front bumper and fender damage. They first tried to salvage the bumper and delivered it with a cracked bumper and cracked headlight. Then excessive orange peel. Then headlight that was not hooked up. LOL. It got exhausting after a while. Just my daily driver but cmon.

Thanks. Anyway it was through insurance so I’m not sure if there’s a whole lot of options besides them “fixing” things or me.

Love the 2nd shop idea. Wonder if I could run it by insurance. They will probably tell me it’s shop’s problem now.

just remember for the next time your car is damaged YOU control where the car goes,,,the insurance company can't force you to take it anywhere,,,if they do it's called steering and it's illegal

tomsteve
02-17-2019, 03:37 PM
The paint actually pops out. It looks like clearcoat blob. Can this be wet sanded or just needs to be completely redone?

that sounds like a bubble- adhesion issue with the paint.

chipmb2985
02-17-2019, 08:14 PM
Thanks fellas. Goal is to just get them less noticeable. Not many of of them, but enough to annoy my ocd self.