PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna 2400 (SI1500) need advice

VeloNYC
02-13-2019, 11:24 AM
I got this product a while back and now probably a good time came to use it. The paint condition is medium swirls, no scratches. I tried to gather an info or reviews, but not much written about particular product. Can someone advice on which pad, speed, working time and how does it perform in comparison to M205 or Meg's UC. I have in my arsenal B&S orange, green and blue pads, also, no brand, but bought from the AG finishing pads.

Stevedotmil
02-15-2019, 10:43 PM
Hit up their website for recommended usage and pad combinations. Try it on a test panel with different combos of pad aggressiveness to see what works. Start with a polishing pad and work your way to compounding pad to figure out the results you want. Don't go too fast on the speed or you will shorten the working time. It works for a pretty long time on the right speed setting before the product starts to break down. Make sure you do an IPA wipe to get all the product off of the surface when checking your work. Finishes better than M205 depending on the pad you decide to use with almost no dusting. Good luck.

VeloNYC
02-18-2019, 11:29 PM
Thanks

SWETM
02-19-2019, 03:09 AM
The PF2400 is their liquid polish. It's for the dry oxidized clearcoats and SS paint that are oxidized. But it works as a medium cut polish on every paint. Just be carefull when you start to polish so it don't sling all over the place LOL. Not much of polish is needed as with most Menzerna polishes.

/ Tony

VeloNYC
02-21-2019, 08:42 PM
I just found very old posts that some German car owners used the 1500 and didn't even need to follow up with the sf3500. I hope the British paint is easy to work with.

WRAPT C5Z06
02-22-2019, 09:43 AM
It's a good polish, better than PF2500, IMO.