PDA

View Full Version : New car, been a while since I've been around

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

milesvdustin
02-12-2019, 01:41 AM
So, back in 2012 I bought a new car and took relatively good care of it from the advice of everyone on here. Thank you! But I just got a new car, and not sure how to proceed. I washed it extremely carefully and on the entire car I can only find one little swirl scratch, small enough my camera wont pick it up. Which is amazing for a new car, I went over the whole car several times looking for defects.

Anyways, it's a 2019 Subaru outback 2.5 premium in magnetite gray color. My plan is to get some iron x and some meguiars clay, then do the klasse twins treatment on it. 303 trim protect on all the body cladding. 303 fabric inside. And 303 aerospace on the interior hard surfaces.

Any thoughts on my plan?

The forum will not allow me to upload pics for some reason. I am using chrome on my phone.

Eldorado2k
02-12-2019, 05:39 AM
Download the free Tapatalk app on your phone. It’s the easiest way to post pictures straight from your phone. Here’s the link.

Tapatalk - 200,000+ Forums by Quoord Systems Tapatalk - 200,000+ Forums on the App Store (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tapatalk-200-000-forums/id307880732?mt=8)

Mike Phillips
02-12-2019, 08:38 AM
So, back in 2012 I bought a new car and took relatively good care of it from the advice of everyone on here. Thank you!

Good to see you back!

Anyways, it's a 2019 Subaru outback 2.5 premium in magnetite gray color.

My plan is to get some iron x and some meguiars clay, then do the klasse twins treatment on it.

I'm not a Klasse SG fan, the AIO is good for a non-abrasive cleaner/wax or "cleaner/sealant". If it's a daily driver parked outside, check out SONAX Polymer Net Shield. You can apply to the paint and the plastic cladding trim. It's what I use on the wife's plastic trim on her HRV. Best thing to do is to START using something now when it's new and in good shape, don't wait until it fades and looks ugly and then look for a miracle product.

The forum will not allow me to upload pics for some reason. I am using chrome on my phone.

Yeah vBulletin forum software is not phone friendly. Do like the Guz says and get the Tapatalk App, I use it and it works great for getting pictures on a forum.

:)

Eldorado2k
02-12-2019, 08:40 AM
Yeah vBulletin forum software is not phone friendly. Do like the Guz says and get the Tapatalk App, I use it and it works great for getting pictures on a forum.

:)

I’m Eldorado[emoji112][emoji2533][emoji6]

Coatingsarecrack
02-12-2019, 06:55 PM
I’m Eldorado[emoji112][emoji2533][emoji6]

Eldarado translated from ancient Gaelic means “he who is the Guz”.

[emoji38][emoji23][emoji23][emoji2957][emoji2957][emoji57][emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

milesvdustin
02-12-2019, 08:15 PM
This is a daily driver, I only do about 20 miles a day though. It is garaged at all times unless being driven.

Any reason the klasse SG is not a favorite? Seems to get a lot of love around here.

rlmccarty2000
02-12-2019, 10:11 PM
This is a daily driver, I only do about 20 miles a day though. It is garaged at all times unless being driven.

Any reason the klasse SG is not a favorite? Seems to get a lot of love around here.

Back in 2014 it was a forum favorite. Coatings are the current darlings. Nothing wrong with the Klasse Twins but newer technology has passed them by. Something like the new Mother’s CMX is easier to apply and lasts much longer.

Klasse Act
02-13-2019, 08:29 AM

Any reason the klasse SG is not a favorite? Seems to get a lot of love around here.KSG is and will always be a great product, it's just coatings and Sio2 products for toppers have incredible advantages, like ease if use and self cleaning abilities. As far as looks go, well, on a well prepped car it could be close [emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

milesvdustin
02-13-2019, 03:45 PM
So CMX would be a much better option? Seems easier to apply as well. What would the maintenance or topping for CMX be?

I know its a new product, but is there any sort of life expectancy for it?

I think my biggest question is what is a good product for price/ease of maintenance? I don't mind working on the car but something that will last a good while with a wash every week or two is what I am after. Its a Subaru, not a Bentley! But I do want it to remain in great shape.

acuRAS82
02-13-2019, 04:55 PM
CMX is easy to apply, it’s affordable. There’s plenty of shorter term SiO2 sprays you could top it with, but anyone will recommend you top on itself whenever.

Everyone here is hoping this simple spray can last 6+ months, but being so new, there’s no real consumer durability experiences yet. I assume it will last months (minimum) in non-extreme environments... but just my guess based on claims and chatter.

custmsprty
02-13-2019, 05:25 PM

If Mike P advises PNS, that's good enough for me. LOL.

I have it and use it. I tossed all my Klasse stuff out a few years ago. PNS is so much easire to apply.

Klasse Act
02-13-2019, 05:41 PM
If Mike P advises PNS, that's good enough for me. LOL.

I have it and use it. I tossed all my Klasse stuff out a few years ago. PNS is so much easire to apply.

You threw away KSG, I could've make batches of the original "FrankenDetailer" with it, what a waste. I've been reading for years how "hard it is to apply" and while its not as easy as CMX its not exactly hard once you know the trick but that's water under the bridge now.

custmsprty
02-13-2019, 06:35 PM
You threw away KSG, I could've make batches of the original "FrankenDetailer" with it, what a waste. I've been reading for years how "hard it is to apply" and while its not as easy as CMX its not exactly hard once you know the trick but that's water under the bridge now.

It would cost more to ship it than what it was worth any way.

milesvdustin
02-14-2019, 09:49 AM
SO with the PNS or CMX, looks like you just spray some on the panel and spread it around, wait for it to dry then wipe off?

Is there any type of swirl protection from washing with these products, or would I need to do an actual coating?

Would a product like opti coat be good topped with either of these two?

Bruno Soares
02-14-2019, 10:39 AM
Even a coating won't help with protection against swirls. If you saw that on some marketing page, it's a lie. Only paint protection film can actually protect from swirls.
Having said that, proper washing/drying technique will minimize the amount of swirls added to the paint after it's been corrected before the coating.