PDA

View Full Version : Another DISO - new car.

Pages : [1] 2

VeloNYC
02-11-2019, 12:31 PM
Went for the first oil change and despite I declined the dealership's complementary wash and hang the "don't wash this car" sign on the mirror they did wash the car anyway. I picked up the car when it was cloudy so I couldn't see the damage until getting to my client's garage with the led lighting. This shocked me so much I almost dropped my laptop.

Now, whey are apologetic and promise to fix everything, but getting the quotes by shopping around I don't think they will pay $1500 for their screw up. What are my options?

392hemi
02-11-2019, 01:42 PM
Went for the first oil change and despite I declined the dealership's complementary wash and hang the "don't wash this car" sign on the mirror they did wash the car anyway. I picked up the car when it was cloudy so I couldn't see the damage until getting to my client's garage with the led lighting. This shocked me so much I almost dropped my laptop.

Now, whey are apologetic and promise to fix everything, but getting the quotes by shopping around I don't think they will pay $1500 for their screw up. What are my options?

Get it in writing and take legal action if necessary. Also $1500 for full swirl removal?

ALWAYS inspect your car after it is out of your possession, whether it's at dealer for oil change, recall, valet, parking. I do a full walk around, inspect all wheels and tires as well and take a picture of before mileage to ensure it wasnt unnecessarily driven.

I didnt check once in my life because I got complacent. Sure as hell at home I noticed they had dented my rear lower side skirt from the oil change. They of course denied it and I just lived with it.

Natron
02-11-2019, 01:43 PM
Why so high? Is it ceramic coated? Is it more than swirls? Maybe provide the estimates and then offer to do it yourself for less?

Eldorado2k
02-11-2019, 01:49 PM
I’d be livid... If I were you, I’d go ahead and get that $1,500 dollar estimate in writing. Then build a cart for yourself including a GG6 polisher, pads, polish, pad brush and microfiber towels and show them the total price and have them pick an option.

[ideally you want to do this yourself because @$1,500 dollars they’re not only taking advantage of customers, but they’ll probably cut into your paint unnecessarily deep] Idiots, both of them.

Bill D
02-11-2019, 02:13 PM
Yikes this makes me even more paranoid about bringing in my car for service. I can’t believe they ignored the do not wash hang tag.

Eldorado2k
02-11-2019, 02:15 PM
I bet there’s people out there who specifically ask for the complimentary car wash and don’t even get it...

Bill D
02-11-2019, 02:22 PM
Luckily at my dealer I can see where my car is at all times so if I see the techs doing something off you better believe I’m going out there to stop them. I haven’t been to the dealer since I once needed a battery. That battery was crap and didn’t last very long. Autozone batteries are better. I do my own oil changes.

Eldorado2k
02-11-2019, 02:25 PM
Luckily at my dealer I can see where my car is at all times so if I see the techs doing something off you better believe I’m going out there to stop them. I haven’t been to the dealer since I once needed a battery. That battery was crap and didn’t last very long. Autozone batteries are better. I do my own oil changes.

I need to start changing my own oil...

Bill D
02-11-2019, 02:28 PM
You will have more peace of mind. I recommend the oil extractor Griots sells. I’ve had the same one for 18 years and it doesn’t let me down

Bruno Soares
02-11-2019, 02:31 PM
My dealer doesn't wash cars in for service, just "details" new cars at delivery. But I still say don't do it and hang the sign anyways. I also try to wash my car right before service every time that way they are not tempted to wash it because the car is already clean.

VeloNYC
02-11-2019, 02:32 PM
We went around the car together with the Service Manager and beside a dirt and the scratches on a new interior under a steering wheel I didn't pick up any other damage since it was cloudy and rainy day. I called them an hour after I got to the place where I could see the damage. Also, I have in writing as an email, in person and recorded twice on their quality assurance tape that I asked them not to wash. I will receive a review email from the corporate office soon. I'm not sure if I should fill it up as it is which is I'm sure will alert the HQ. Or, give them a chance to fix the car.

I got these invoices already from the different shops (one estimate was $3800 which makes the 8% of the car cost). My problem I don't have an access to an electric outlet and the tools I used for the polishing and sealant/wax purpose is a melwakee cordless polisher which is pretty powerful, but requires too much work hence it is the 4" maximum pad size.

Eldorado2k
02-11-2019, 02:35 PM
You will have more peace of mind. I recommend the oil extractor Griots sells. I’ve had the same one for 18 years and it doesn’t let me down

You ain’t kidding... The last time I went to get my oil changed I noticed 3-4 empty cases of Chevron Oil just sitting there on the ground as if someone had just finished emptying them... And since there’s no cheaper option than the conventional Pennzoil change that I go in there for then it could only mean 1 thing...

I’m thinking I’m getting Pennzoil and he’s actually giving me Chevron. And if he’s doing that then who knows what’s going on when it comes to the oil filter. Can’t count on these hacks.

Eldorado2k
02-11-2019, 02:38 PM
We went around the car together with the Service Manager and beside a dirt and the scratches on a new interior under a steering wheel I didn't pick up any other damage since it was cloudy and rainy day. I called them an hour after I got to the place where I could see the damage. Also, I have in writing as an email, in person and recorded twice on their quality assurance tape that I asked them not to wash. I will receive a review email from the corporate office soon. I'm not sure if I should fill it up as it is which is I'm sure will alert the HQ. Or, give them a chance to fix the car.

I got these invoices already from the different shops (one estimate was $3800 which makes the 8% of the car cost). My problem I don't have an access to an electric outlet and the tools I used for the polishing and sealant/wax purpose is a melwakee cordless polisher which is pretty powerful, but requires too much work hence it is the 4" maximum pad size.

What kind of vehicle is this? An H2 Hummer stretch limousine? Lol.

You don’t have an extension cord? A 100’ cord wouldn’t be long enough for you to be able to do it?

VeloNYC
02-11-2019, 02:48 PM
It made me rolling too, I could repaint in pink metallic for the same price with a lifetime warranty. It's just a regular British made sedan. My area where I live is pretty restricted on stuff like this and the building super is an arse. I'm in NYC if this helps, and still looking for the better realistic offer from other detailers in my area.

custmsprty
02-11-2019, 03:55 PM
Get it in writing and take legal action if necessary. Also $1500 for full swirl removal?

ALWAYS inspect your car after it is out of your possession, whether it's at dealer for oil change, recall, valet, parking. I do a full walk around, inspect all wheels and tires as well and take a picture of before mileage to ensure it wasnt unnecessarily driven.

I didnt check once in my life because I got complacent. Sure as hell at home I noticed they had dented my rear lower side skirt from the oil change. They of course denied it and I just lived with it.

And make sure they note it on your service estimate prior to them taking it to do the work. My Harley dealership always does this and has for 20 years. Then you have what you need. And yeah, $1,500 is ridiculous. I'd do it for a lot less than that.