PDA

View Full Version : What's the deal with people nowadays?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

PaulMys
02-09-2019, 08:07 PM
Just had to post this experience I had today:

After work, I ran a few errands and the last stop was the grocery store to pick up a few things. I grabbed what the wife had written down, and a few things I wanted, and headed to the checkout.

When I got there, their was a young woman just finishing paying, but she forgot to apply a coupon. The cashier gladly redid the transaction for her (Took like 30 seconds). I hear a grunt and moan from behind me.

In front of me was an elderly women. Had to be at least 80. She only had about 7 items.

When the cashier scanned one of her items, it didn't reflect the sale price, so she questioned it.

The lip clicking and sighs from behind me was now SO audible that I just had to turn around, look at them and say "What in the hell is your problem? What if this was your own grandmother?" The party just rolled their eyes.

I don't know about you, but I'm getting a little sick of how most people have zero tolerance or compassion for others, and expect everything to instantly cater to themselves.

Rant over. Lol

392hemi
02-09-2019, 08:19 PM
Just had to post this experience I had today:

After work, I ran a few errands and the last stop was the grocery store to pick up a few things. I grabbed what the wife had written down, and a few things I wanted, and headed to the checkout.

When I got there, their was a young woman just finishing paying, but she forgot to apply a coupon. The cashier gladly redid the transaction for her (Took like 30 seconds). I hear a grunt and moan from behind me.

In front of me was an elderly women. Had to be at least 80. She only had about 7 items.

When the cashier scanned one of her items, it didn't reflect the sale price, so she questioned it.

The lip clicking and sighs from behind me was now SO audible that I just had to turn around, look at them and say "What in the hell is your problem? What if this was your grandmother?" The party just rolled their eyes.

I don't know about you, but I'm getting a little sick of how most people have zero tolerance or compassion for others, and expect everything to instantly cater to themselves.

Rant over. Lol

It's not just you, theres a time and place. There is no reason to feel rushed buying groceries or doing any errand tasks.

Just yesterday I pull up to fill gas at an empty pump and reversing to get my tank side on the pump. A car pulls behind me and blocks me. I patiently wait, mind you my reverse lights are on. This being Chicago I scan to make sure it isnt a car jacking attempt lol. The car doesn't move and the driver comes out to ask if I am getting gas? She is flustered and annoyed. I said yes, hence why I'm still in reverse waiting for you to move. What did she think I was doing? She just didnt want to wait and hoped I would leave the pump.

Also who the hell gets out to ask if I'm getting gas? This was on west side of Chicago in a smaller gas station.

Oz_TCH
02-09-2019, 08:19 PM
I hear ya. Less patient, less tolerant people these days. Driving too, people are quick to flip the bird. SMH.

I blame LBJ. JK.

PaulMys
02-09-2019, 08:27 PM
I hear ya. Less patient, less tolerant people these days. Driving too, people are quick to flip the bird. SMH.

I blame LBJ. JK.

Well, I drive through NYC a lot. The driving thing is pretty much a given....... Lol

Bill D
02-09-2019, 08:51 PM
I don’t like being in public for too long because of situations like this. Society seems to be causing me to keep more and more to myself.

mike02vr6
02-09-2019, 09:35 PM
I agree, it's the youth now they are so impatient. I do find myself impatient sometimes. But if it's an older lady questioning why something didn't reflect a sale price or paying by check. I just imagine them being my mother or grandmother. But OMG the teeth smacking sound when those people do that I want to punch them.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

FUNX650
02-09-2019, 09:45 PM
•Sadly...
-I also have been witnessing the decline in our
“public relations” with each other; and, that this
decline is now increasing at such an alarming rate.

•It’s not a good sign;
-it’s pretty bad out there.

•However:
-Wait until ”The Illuminati” is in full control!

:eek:

Bob

VISITOR
02-09-2019, 09:46 PM
you're right Paul. this day and age it seems many are all about me me me, and could careless about others. as a matter of fact, i was at a few grocery stores today and there was a young lady with her daughter right behind us with around 3-4 items and i let them go ahead of us. they both said thanks, and were on their merry way. who knows, after that they could of payed it forward and possibly do something courteous to the next person elsewhere. so many people on this earth and we all have to share and wait our turn sometimes...

UncleDavy
02-09-2019, 09:50 PM
Simple civility has left our society as well as our moral compass. For a generation that relies so much on their parents and grandparents, you would think they would have more patience.

Bill D
02-09-2019, 09:57 PM
I stay at home most of the time so I can take as much or as little time that I need.

VISITOR
02-09-2019, 10:05 PM
https://images.gr-assets.com/authors/1322103868p4/1244.jpg
“The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog." ― Mark Twain

Bill D
02-09-2019, 10:08 PM
I considered getting a dog again. It’s always an option.

FUNX650
02-09-2019, 10:41 PM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/F62E2167-FC5F-4D41-9C5D-F145CB74FE42.jpeg

IMO:
What Ms. De Shannon wrote and sang about
~50 years ago was apropos for not only that
day and age; but, also, up to and including
the present time period. And, I’ll add:

Hopefully, well into time eternal.
To Wit:

”That position would not only be availing;
but also quite dignified.” ~’Spock’(?)

YouTube (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KNJMc_rQWNs)

Bob

bofh
02-09-2019, 11:33 PM
That's not cool at all. But I will say this: at my local supermarket, I choose the checkout line with the clerk that I know provides the worst customer service. I want the clerk to be the one that understands their job is to get me out of the store as fast as possible. There are ones that chat you up, talk about what you're buying, talk about sports, say "hey go back and get the coupon on this!", double-check your eggs, etc. This, to me and the people in front of me. When I see this happening I quietly and discreetly find another line, someone who will be impatient with me to type my PIN and get me on my way. If I don't have the patience to watch someone pay by check then I choose a different line. But politely...

Bill D
02-09-2019, 11:47 PM
I go food shopping real early in the morning to avoid having to wait as much and to get out of the store as quickly as possible. My strategy pretty much works all the time. I also get to park real far away in my favorite parking spot.