PDA

View Full Version : Detailing classes in SF bay area?

Pages : [1] 2

prostar
02-08-2019, 01:02 AM
Hi folks,

Can anyone recommend a company that offers hands classes in the San Francisco Bay Area?

Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Mike Phillips
02-08-2019, 08:59 AM
I don't know of any, at least nothing like my hands-on classes.

I was scheduled to teach a class in Hayward, California just south of you but we're going to re-schedule that date.

:)

Cruzscarwash
02-08-2019, 09:53 AM

I was scheduled to teach a class in Hayward, California just south of you but we're going to re-schedule that date.

:)

Hayward..hmmm that's where a lot of my family lives, where was/it going to be at RX3?

fly07sti
02-08-2019, 11:09 AM
@prostar, I don’t know of any detailing classes here in the Bay. What are you wanting from a class? There is myself amongst other detailers out here that would be willing to help you out.

@Cruz, I believe the class Mike is referring to was going to be at P&S.

Cruzscarwash
02-08-2019, 11:10 AM
@prostar, I don’t know of any detailing classes here in the Bay. What are you wanting from a class? There is myself amongst other detailers out here that would be willing to help you out.

@Cruz, I believe the class Mike is referring to was going to be at P&S.I didn't know they were in Hayward, wow, how could I miss that.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

prostar
02-08-2019, 11:47 AM

:)Hi Mike, thanks for the input. In my limited research it's very surprising that there aren't classes offered around here.

Have you met any reputable owners from my area? Maybe I can start there and ask questions.

For any detailing companies reading, this could be an opportunity!!

Cruzscarwash
02-08-2019, 11:51 AM
Hi Mike, thanks for the input. In my limited research it's very surprising that there aren't classes offered around here.

Have you met any reputable owners from my area? Maybe I can start there and ask questions.

For any detailing companies reading, this could be an opportunity!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using TapatalkFly07sti offered to help. I'm free there and will be there next weekend for detailing after I get back from ceramic Coating a few cars in Texas.

prostar
02-08-2019, 12:03 PM
@fly07sti This would be for hobby purposes and family if they asked. The class would not only serve to learn techniques hands on, but also meet/network with people. I can read and watch videos all day, but theres ongoing value when you meet people face to face.

Cruzscarwash
02-08-2019, 12:04 PM
[QUOTE=prostar;1616116]@fly07sti This would be for hobby purposes and family if they asked. The class would not only serve to learn techniques hands on, but also meet/network with people. I can read and watch videos all day, but theres ongoing value when you meet people face to face.

You also have dream gleam up there in Castro Valley. I spent a weekend teaching him how to polish to help expand his business and knowledge.

prostar
02-08-2019, 01:26 PM
@cruzscarwash nice, I'll look up Dream Gleam. Just curious, are you on the road all the time traveling to these different parts of the country doing jobs and trainings?

Cruzscarwash
02-08-2019, 01:28 PM
@cruzscarwash nice, I'll look up Dream Gleam. Just curious, are you on the road all the time traveling to these different parts of the country doing jobs and trainings?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using TapatalkYes I do a lot of traveling for detailing. Not so much training, they just happened to reach out to me so I went up and I was able to show him on cars that were wanting to book anyways.

apthai
02-09-2019, 12:45 AM
@fly07sti This would be for hobby purposes and family if they asked. The class would not only serve to learn techniques hands on, but also meet/network with people. I can read and watch videos all day, but theres ongoing value when you meet people face to face.

@prostar

@fly07sti and a few other members here had a meet and greet a few years ago and another one a few months ago. If you’re interested we can setup another one when the weather clears up.

We usually meet at someone’s house and spend the day hanging out and polishing/coating a car. @fly07sti has tons of experience that I pick at all the time.

My sister just got a new 2018 Mazda 3 hatchback that needs some TLC. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

prostar
02-10-2019, 08:44 PM
@apthai that's pretty cool. How can I stay informed on the next meet up?

apthai
03-06-2019, 10:51 AM
@fly07sti or myself will reach out to you when the weather clears up and see what everyone's schedule is like.

irvsmith
03-06-2019, 01:48 PM
@prostar

@fly07sti and a few other members here had a meet and greet a few years ago and another one a few months ago. If you’re interested we can setup another one when the weather clears up.

We usually meet at someone’s house and spend the day hanging out and polishing/coating a car. @fly07sti has tons of experience that I pick at all the time.

My sister just got a new 2018 Mazda 3 hatchback that needs some TLC. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

I can definitely vouch for @fly07sti - he is a great guy. I would offer to host it at my place, since I live in Oakland, but my house is on quite a steep hill so the driveway would be the only option.