PDA

View Full Version : A real extractor...

Crispyclean
02-07-2019, 05:20 AM
I searched for an hour on the forum, but couldn’t find any mentions for a professional grade extractor. I have the Mytee light, but it is a pain in the butt to use. The sprayer is weak, it needs emptied 3-4 times on dirty vehicles and isn’t practical for shampooing multiple cars per week. Kleen rite has a good selection on Mytee & I’m digging the Ltd5-lx. For $2944 I’m assuming this motor would easily last 10+years. Maybe it’s overkill, but I’m ok with spending $2,000+ on a quality machine when I open the shop. Anyone use this machine or a similar model that costs $1500+???

Vanquish Auto
02-07-2019, 07:45 AM
The LTD5-lx is an awesome machine and is a good choice. You will have to also get a inline heater with this unit. Mytee also sells these around $500. Just make sure wherever you are putting this has the power to run it. The extractor takes two dedicated outlets and the heater will have to have one as well. If you have 3 outlets to spare then this would be a good choice. If not, then you should be looking at a different model.

Setec Astronomy
02-07-2019, 08:20 AM
Mytee has two larger models that are sold here:

Mytee HP60 Spyder Hot Water Carpet & Upholstery Extractor, carpet cleaning machine, hot water carpet cleaner (https://www.autogeek.net/mytee-hp60-spyder-carpet-extractor.html)

Mytee HP-120 Grand Prix Hot Water Extractor New & Improved! (https://www.autogeek.net/mytee-hp-100-carpet-extractor.html)

The HP-120 has a 10 gallon capacity. Some members have commented that these 2 have a more pro build quality than the Lite. FWIW, from what I see all 3 have the same specs on the pump, so if you don't like the sprayer on the Lite, you may not like the sprayer on these two either. Are you sure you don't need to run some cleaner through the pump?

Mike Phillips
02-12-2019, 08:42 AM
I searched for an hour on the forum, but couldn’t find any mentions for a professional grade extractor.

Did you find a solution?

:)

OCD-tailing
02-12-2019, 11:46 AM
I have the Mytee HP60 and I used to do multiple cars a week when doing cars for a small lot. It was, and still is, a fine tool to me. I have a minor leak that gets to be about the size of dollar bill but I just vacuum it up when I'm done. NOt really a big issue yet. It's about 5 years old.