PDA

View Full Version : B-Day card for WWII Vet with cancer

LSNAutoDetailing
02-04-2019, 11:19 PM
I'm posting this in the off-topic section, I hope that this is ok with the mods... It's not political, sports nor religious.

I saw this news article on my local news and thought what a great place to share this with so many Vet's here. It sounds like the highlight of this Vet's day is to go check his mail. I'm sending him a b-day card. There is probably only a few WWII vets left... Again, I hope this doesn't get me in trouble, but wouldn't be awesome if he got overwhelmed with cards?

Family asks people to send birthday cards to a WWII vet with cancer Family asks people to send birthday cards to a WWII vet with cancer | Arizona News | azfamily.com (https://www.azfamily.com/news/family-asks-people-to-send-birthday-cards-to-a-wwii/article_3c19685a-2758-11e9-b706-5f2cf36a63ad.html)

Again, typically I don't do things like this here on this forum, but my Dad was a WWII vet and passed in 2008. There just aren't that many of these guys around anymore.

minerigger
02-05-2019, 12:44 AM
I do believe I will join in the festivities. That’s pretty neat. Thanks for sharing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

abileneautoworx
02-05-2019, 12:48 AM
This is awesome! My dad was a WWII Veteran so I have a huge soft spot for the greatest generation and yes we are losing them everyday. Thank you for sharing!!! God Bless

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

Paul A.
02-05-2019, 08:56 AM
Done! And a great idea, Paul.

custmsprty
02-05-2019, 09:29 AM
I'm in too.

Farmallluvr
02-05-2019, 10:03 AM
Awesome and will do
my Grandpa was a Technical Sergeant on a B17 in Europe and my dads cousin was KIA in Europe
We all owe a lot of gratitude to WW2 vets

DetailKitty
02-05-2019, 11:44 AM
This is great! I will send one as well!

Mike Phillips
02-05-2019, 02:33 PM
I'm posting this in the off-topic section, I hope that this is ok with the mods... It's not political, sports nor religious.

I saw this news article on my local news and thought what a great place to share this with so many Vet's here. It sounds like the highlight of this Vet's day is to go check his mail. I'm sending him a b-day card.

Again, typically I don't do things like this here on this forum, but my Dad was a WWII vet and passed in 2008. There just aren't that many of these guys around anymore.

I'm in.

Thanks for sharing and no worries.

:dblthumb2:

PaulMys
02-05-2019, 06:07 PM
Now THIS is cool!

My grandfather was a WWII Marine, and my best friends father was also. Both passed away in 2012.

I would talk (more like listen) to them for hours sometimes.

Very cool post, Paul!! I'm in 100% :xyxthumbs:

custmsprty
02-05-2019, 06:23 PM
Awesome and will do
my Grandpa was a Technical Sergeant on a B17 in Europe and my dads cousin was KIA in Europe
We all owe a lot of gratitude to WW2 vets

A B-17 and the only flyable B-24 in existence just flew over my house about a half hour ago at a few thousand feet. They are down here in Tampa until Thursday on tour sponsored by the Collings Foundation. Nothing like the rumble of those big radial piston engines.