PDA

View Full Version : Cquartz 3.0 Fallout

Trip
02-04-2019, 10:32 PM
Hi everyone

Got a break in the weather decided to give my a truck a nice an thorough wash. Upon further inspections all of my lower door areas are covered in fallout. Yellow iron coloured. All of my flat surfaces hood and roof are clear with no specks. I coated my truck back in August with Cquartz 3.0.

Any thoughts on how re spraying with iron x and clay will affect the coating. I have Polish Angel Viking coat on my other vehicle for a few years and have never had a fall out issue like this?

Thoughts?

The Guz
02-04-2019, 11:03 PM
Give it a decon wash with an iron remover and Reset if you have it.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190205/e44461ec45ef1aabccfc8087229fe8d3.jpg

Trip
02-04-2019, 11:08 PM
Fantastic always stuff in the fine print thank you

Mgavin1985
02-05-2019, 09:59 AM
Hi everyone

Got a break in the weather decided to give my a truck a nice an thorough wash. Upon further inspections all of my lower door areas are covered in fallout. Yellow iron coloured. All of my flat surfaces hood and roof are clear with no specks. I coated my truck back in August with Cquartz 3.0.

Any thoughts on how re spraying with iron x and clay will affect the coating. I have Polish Angel Viking coat on my other vehicle for a few years and have never had a fall out issue like this?

Thoughts?

I have used iron x with ok results most junk on coatings is mineral deposit from water evaporation along with iron and oils from the asphalt. If u use an acid based cleaner u can knock out both iron and mineral deposits. Meg Wheel brightener or opti mdr have worked really good for me. The meg's product is great its used on clear coated wheels so its safe for clear on all surfaces. Since it was designed for clear coat a ceramic coating is not harmed and it rinses off easy. Or even carpro spotless would work. The ironx wont take the other junk off but takes your iron off. About clay I would be careful coating are so thin to begin with and clay bars contain abrasives so you are def effecting the coating. It may shorten duration it will not take the whole coating off. Clay may be a last resort for me. Other Guys clay with good results and recommend it.