PDA

View Full Version : Car pro Exlir or P&S beadmaker. Is one better than the other?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Whitewater25
01-31-2019, 11:45 AM
I’ve heard good things about each product. Is one better or more durable than the other? I was gonna order the bead maker and do a 50/50 on my hood with it & Elixr but it was outta stock on my last order. I guess that shows how popular it is.

camaro2ssblack
01-31-2019, 12:17 PM
Beadmaker is a glorified detail spray. It has no durability whatsoever. I have no experience with Elixr.

Rsurfer
01-31-2019, 01:30 PM
Beadmaker is a glorified detail spray. It has no durability whatsoever. I have no experience with Elixr.

Yeah, but those of us that like to feel our paint, no QD comes close.

oneheadlite
02-01-2019, 01:23 PM
I guess in camaro's defense the OP's question including asking durability.

"better" is a completely subjective thing where you need to know what qualities they're looking for. No doubt Beadmaker gets high praise for slickness and low cost.

Rsurfer
02-01-2019, 01:35 PM
I guess in camaro's defense the OP's question including asking durability.

"better" is a completely subjective thing where you need to know what qualities they're looking for. No doubt Beadmaker gets high praise for slickness and low cost.
I get that..didn't say BM had better durability. Just adding that BM was slicker.

Avi@CarPro
02-07-2019, 06:31 AM
You can reach more than 30 days beading from Elixir using on the car.
and something we found interesting lately, its possible to use it like Hydro2 as well, spray on rinse off !!
so we can say its becoming like Hyper quick detailer :-)

see here :
Log into Facebook | Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/hiclass.detailing/videos/1689388241207725/)

Cruzscarwash
02-07-2019, 08:51 AM
You can reach more than 30 days beading from Elixir using on the car.
and something we found interesting lately, its possible to use it like Hydro2 as well, spray on rinse off !!
so we can say its becoming like Hyper quick detailer :-)

see here :
Log into Facebook | Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/hiclass.detailing/videos/1689388241207725/)

AVi is this because the formula has Hydro2 in it?

Ace22
02-07-2019, 08:52 AM
I have had both for the past month, and I can honestly say I was not really impressed with Elixir. I would rather just use Hydro 2 regularly for the price, and it seemed that it is much better mixed with the separate ingredients for some reason (Merlin's magic sauce). Beadmaker has lasted 3 weeks through rain/snow/ice and still beads great. This is over a ceramic coating put on 8 months ago. So far, despite the hype, claims of not lasting long...I have been impressed with Beadmaker.

Rsurfer
02-07-2019, 01:47 PM
I have had both for the past month, and I can honestly say I was not really impressed with Elixir. I would rather just use Hydro 2 regularly for the price, and it seemed that it is much better mixed with the separate ingredients for some reason (Merlin's magic sauce). Beadmaker has lasted 3 weeks through rain/snow/ice and still beads great. This is over a ceramic coating put on 8 months ago. So far, despite the hype, claims of not lasting long...I have been impressed with Beadmaker.
Could it be that the ceramic coating that you applied 8 months ago is causing the beading and not BM? How do you know when BM or any topper is still there?

The Guz
02-07-2019, 02:03 PM
Elixir has been fine to use for me. I am not jumping on the beadmaker bandwagon though so no comment on that.

Rsurfer
02-07-2019, 05:56 PM
Elixir has been fine to use for me. I am not jumping on the beadmaker bandwagon though so no comment on that.

I think BM takes it for slickness and gloss, but not by much vrs Elixir. Durability will probably go to Elixir, but haven't reached that point yet.

dogma
02-07-2019, 06:50 PM

I agree, Bead Maker for me is awesome. I also like Hydro2, Never really like Reload.

acuRAS82
02-07-2019, 08:37 PM
Could it be that the ceramic coating that you applied 8 months ago is causing the beading and not BM? How do you know when BM or any topper is still there?

This is my thought too. Unless the beading difference from BM is so completely different than that of the coating to keep track... but even then I would wonder if maybe some BM is just trapped in the coating pores until a clean slate wash is performed.

Either way though, it’s an interesting observation.

Ace22
02-08-2019, 07:55 AM

I agree, the ceramic coating is probably still there causing the beading, but the beading was much tighter with beadmaker and the gloss was better for me vs. the elixir. I guess I am going by the slickness/subjective gloss as well as the beading improved after using beadmaker.

acuRAS82
02-08-2019, 12:07 PM
^^ sounds reasonable