PDA

View Full Version : Dash Cams

LSNAutoDetailing
01-30-2019, 01:10 AM
What is everyone running for dash cams? I'm now at the point where I think it's a really good idea to have these things in the vehicles. I've done a lot of home work, starting from not knowing anything about them to now seemingly knowing a lot about them. So I've narrowed down these three.

For my Honda Fit, I'm going to absolutely get the Viofo A129 Duo. Front & Rear 2Ch 1080P with Sony Sensors. Has three parking modes, GPS and impact detection, optional blue tooh button to flag the SD card if there is a crash.

For my EB Mustang, I'm torn between the BlackVue DR-750S 2Ch or the Thinkware F800 Pro D+
Both of these are jamb packed with features and hi clarity.

Interested to hear what others are using...

Calendyr
01-30-2019, 02:43 AM
There are youtube chanels dedicated to dashcam comparisons and testing.

I did not do a lot of research on the one I purchased, It was inexpensive so I grabbed it about a year ago. Don't even know the brand or model.

Afterwards I watched a few videos about them and what seems to be good to have is:

- A capacitor instead of a battery inside the camera
- Good night vision capabilities
- Autosave after an impact
- Quick save button for when you see something you want to have a record of

atgonzales
01-30-2019, 06:57 AM
Go to here for some nice reviews, Best Dashcams of 2019 - Vortex Radar (http://www.vortexradar.com/best-dashcams/)

limited0602
01-30-2019, 08:45 AM
I run a Garmin dash cam 55 with the parking cable and polarizing filter and the quality if fantastic. Thought about picking up a cheap one off Amazon to run to the back.

1claire
01-30-2019, 10:41 PM
Garmin Dash Cam 55, it is small and does its purpose.

Offering 1440p video capture at 30p, video footage for a dash cam is great, while the 122 degree viewing angle is pretty good, though there are wider optics out there. A nice touch is the inclusion of an attachable polarizing filter to cutout unwanted glare from your car's windscreen.

Vital clips are automatically stored via the built-in G-Sensor technology, and thanks to the built-in GPS unit, all footage is stamped with time and location so there's no disputing when and where an incident happens.

Oz_TCH
01-30-2019, 11:35 PM
I have Z-EDGE Dash Cam from Amazon, $170.

Its Front and Rear with 4.0" Touch Screen, 1080P with Night Mode, 32GB Card included but I use 64GB, 155 Degree Wide Angle, WDR, G-Sensor, Loop Recording. No GPS. Parking mode.

Touch screen is good for easy playback, you won't be spending 10 mins trying to do it with buttons type dash cam.

Breese147
01-31-2019, 10:57 AM
Subscribed.Interested to hear everyone’s experiences.I bought 2 dash cams for my parents off of amazon for them to test for me but they haven’t installed them yet[emoji854] in my opinion $150 is the perfect price range as long as it’s reliable.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)