PDA

View Full Version : Minimum temperature to iron-x?

Marc Hufnagel
01-28-2019, 10:13 AM
Didn't see on the bottle, is there a minimum recommended temp for iron-x to do it's job as intended? it's 43 here now.

rmagnus
01-28-2019, 11:32 AM
I don’t think there is one. 43 is chilly to cold in my book. Just don’t let the IronX dry on the paint. I usually clay after using IronX then polish and wax/seal/coat. Use heated water in your buckets to keep your hands warmer. Spray bottle with hot water couple drops Sawn for your clay lube and go to town.

Good luck.

Marc Hufnagel
01-28-2019, 12:16 PM
I don’t think there is one. 43 is chilly to cold in my book. Just don’t let the IronX dry on the paint. I usually clay after using IronX then polish and wax/seal/coat. Use heated water in your buckets to keep your hands warmer. Spray bottle with hot water couple drops Sawn for your clay lube and go to town.

Good luck.

Filled my buckets with hot water from the bathtub and it was nice and warm washing. If my hands are warm that helps the rest of me. It's now 47 but a brisk breeze has developed. This may put a stop as I don't want those vapors blowing back on my clothes. My car will smell like a hair salon for weeks. I wanted to get the car washed at least and get the salt off since we have a cold front coming in this afternoon. Wednesday's highs are going to be in the single digits and tuesday night right at 0.

Mantilgh
01-28-2019, 12:59 PM
I don’t think there is one. 43 is chilly to cold in my book.

Good luck.

Haha! Too chilly, says the man from SoCal.

40’s seem comfy after it has been real cold.

I did one around New Year and it was probably high 40’s low 50’s. I didn’t really even think about it, but it may slow the reaction down a little.

I was using SONAX Fallout Cleaner

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190128/5b8c94d4fb7845a57840ea556399d86d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TTQ B4U
01-28-2019, 01:04 PM
IMO with iron x it's a matter of simply being able to remove it with a hose that may limit you temp wise. if you are good with water flowing, I'd say it will work fine. I've used it in the 40's but once we cross into the 30's I tend to skip it since I don't have a drain in my garage and I'm not willing to freeze doing it.

Bicycle
01-28-2019, 02:49 PM
What is Sawn??

Coatingsarecrack
01-29-2019, 03:31 AM
What is Sawn??

I believe he meant dawn.... S next to D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rmagnus
01-30-2019, 01:35 AM
What is Sawn??

My bad yes Dawn soap with water in a spray bottle for clay lubercation. Just a few drops will do.

Calendyr
01-30-2019, 02:38 AM
As long as it's not freezing weather, I think Iron-X would actually benefit from the colder temperature by taking longer to evaporate.

pilotpip
01-30-2019, 10:35 AM
I've used a couple different iron removers just above freezing with ok results. I actually prefer it to 70+ degrees because it evaporates quickly if you can't avoid sunlight.