PDA

View Full Version : Backing plate question

java
01-24-2019, 06:47 PM
Can I use the Griots Garage vented backing plate with the Lake Country, Buff and Shine, Meguiars Microfiber pads without any issues?

Rsurfer
01-24-2019, 06:51 PM
Can I use the Griots Garage vented backing plate with the Lake Country, Buff and Shine, Meguiars Microfiber pads without any issues?
I don't see why not. I don't have a GG backing plate, but do have other vented backing plates and never had a problem with the pads you mentioned.

java
01-24-2019, 07:11 PM
I don't see why not. I don't have a GG backing plate, but do have other vented backing plates and never had a problem with the pads you mentioned.

I remember when Meguiars were having issue with there microfiber pads delaminating when using another manufacturer backing plate.

Which vented backing plate are you using?

Rsurfer
01-24-2019, 07:16 PM
I remember when Meguiars were having issue with there microfiber pads delaminating when using another manufacturer backing plate.

Which vented backing plate are you using?

3D

Dr Oldz
01-24-2019, 07:27 PM
I never had a problem with the Griots BP with any type of buffing pad.

java
01-26-2019, 04:25 PM
Thanks for the replies everyone!

My main concern was delaminating and the hook and loop not sticking together good.

dlc95
01-31-2019, 05:39 PM
Yes.

Any "micro hook" plate will work with any pad loop.

It's the plates that have the taller "j hooks" that you want dedicated to their pads, like Buff and Shine, and I believe the original Griot's 6" plate.

java
02-01-2019, 06:35 AM
I was more interested in the 5" Griots vented backing plate or another Lake Country plate.

If I want to mix and match pads with backing plates, then I should stay away from Buff and Shine and the original Griots backing plates.