PDA

View Full Version : Earplugs Use Benefits

Pages : [1] 2

josephhamilton
01-24-2019, 02:01 PM
If you use earplugs then you can able to protect your hearing. Because earplugs will protect your hearing problem. Use earplugs and protect your hearing.

Eldorado2k
01-24-2019, 02:05 PM
If you use earplugs then you can able to protect your hearing. Because earplugs will protect your hearing problem. Use earplugs and protect your hearing.

@69 decibels the polisher’s not really that loud. The vacuum is much louder and even it’s not that loud..

mk9750
01-24-2019, 03:14 PM
At least a few years back now, OSHA's standard was anything over 85 Decibels in an industrial environment required a mitigation plan. Not sure if that has been changed. But if a polisher is 69 Decibels, it wouldn't require any mitigation.

But I think the fact is, protection at a lower level will do no harm, and may do good.

Desertnate
01-24-2019, 03:53 PM
My polisher is pretty loud and in an enclosed garage it really becomes uncomfortable and irritating for me. The sound levels may not be enough to cause hearing loss, but I'll still pop in a set of ear plugs and enjoy the peace and quiet while I work. I'm dealing with a mild hearing loss already, so I don't take any chances. I'll also wear them when mowing or running the weedeater.

DMW
01-24-2019, 03:58 PM
I never used to wear ear plugs, but now I wish I would have now that I'm older and can't hear as well. I had a custom set of molded silicone ear plugs made at a motorcycle show about 3 years ago and use them whenever I'm doing paint correction, using the vacuum, and even when I'm using the leaf blower to dry of the car.

asalesagent912
01-24-2019, 04:08 PM
How I wish i used ear plugs when i was younger.
Now 55 and lost high pitched sounds in left ear and probably right ear too.
The wife gets annoyed when i say what. lol
Cant understand the waiters in a restaurant when telling us the specials.
Wish i can turn back the clock.

hogie
01-24-2019, 06:25 PM
I use earplugs with my gg6. It is just loud enough to be annoying.

Rsurfer
01-24-2019, 06:28 PM
Rather be safe than sorry. Wish I complied earlier.

hmardown
01-24-2019, 06:37 PM
In one word tinnitus . years of shooting guns, running chain saws, riding motorcycles, running bulldozers & driving trucks. it'll all get you in the end. when you have tinnitus your ears ring all day long everyday. wish someone would have educated me about it back when. when I see someone doing all the wrong things pertaining to ear protection I speak up. if they listen they listen if not they'll learn. hair dryers are notorious for contributing to tinnitus. being bald for more then 40 years I can't blame the dryer. protect your ears, you been told.
hmardown

Bruno Soares
01-24-2019, 07:11 PM
It’s this guy’s first post and he said the same thing like 4 times. I’m guessing he sells earplugs for a living.

hmardown
01-25-2019, 07:57 AM
It’s this guy’s first post and he said the same thing like 4 times. I’m guessing he sells earplugs for a living.

He should of hooked up with Paul Revere & really got the message out there.:joking:
hmardown

FUNX650
01-25-2019, 11:24 AM
How I wish i used ear plugs when i was younger.
Now 55 and lost high pitched sounds in
left ear and probably right ear too.
The wife gets annoyed when
i say what. lol

Wish i can turn back the clock.
^^^Same here; and:
This is one thing that doesn’t
get any better with age-ing...

It’s this guy’s first post and he
said the same thing like 4 times.

I’m guessing he sells earplugs for a living.
What...lol

Bob

UncleDavy
01-25-2019, 05:48 PM
Decibel ratings are also relative to the distance to the source of the noise. A polisher or a vacuum cleaner may not cause hearing problems if you are 10 feet away. However if you are using a polisher on a daily basis and your ear is close to the polisher, than that can be a problem. I noticed the same issue with the shop vac. I always wear ear plugs when I use those items. At 55, my ears have a constant ringing from the years I spent in industry. Open die forging presses, steel punch presses and various other steel on steel impacts caused my ears to be sensitive. You young guys should do whatever you can to protect your hearing now.

PaulMys
01-25-2019, 05:53 PM
Decibel ratings are also relative to the distance to the source of the noise. A polisher or a vacuum cleaner may not cause hearing problems if you are 10 feet away. However if you are using a polisher on a daily basis and your ear is close to the polisher, than that can be a problem. I noticed the same issue with the shop vac. I always wear ear plugs when I use those items. At 55, my ears have a constant ringing from the years I spent in industry. Open die forging presses, steel punch presses and various other steel on steel impacts caused my ears to be sensitive. You young guys should do whatever you can to protect your hearing now.

WHAT??

J/K UD.

Good advice, and some I wish I had followed when I was younger.

limited0602
01-25-2019, 09:54 PM
Or you can be deaf like me and it's not a problem!!! Im the MAN