PDA

View Full Version : Remember your State Patrol and LEO's Today....

TTQ B4U
01-24-2019, 10:22 AM
As much as they can be a PIA for me on the road during nice weather, they sure come through when it counts.

Wife was stuck on the side of a very busy interstate today when she and about a dozen others dropped into a huge pothole blowing out tires everywhere.

Sucks that this stuff happens but it's just a car and just a wheel, both of which will be replaced. Roadside/Lincoln were good but better than them however were the two Ohio State Troopers changing everyone on the road like a pit crew. Based on the text updates from my wife they changed 6 tires in record time including hers. She's now on her way to safety which gives me peace of mind given I wasn't in the area to help her.

Doesn't mean I won't cuss when I take a lump from one of them clocking me on the road next time but it does mean that my Thank You at the end will be well earned on their part.

Back to our regularly scheduled programming.....

mk9750
01-24-2019, 10:58 AM
I think we in Ohio are particularly lucky. I hear plenty of stories of them going above and beyond, and even when we went to cuss at them, they really are just doing their jobs.

But to me, here's what's just as impressive - As a society, I think we've become too sensitive to slights, and no where near sensitive enough to those acts for which we should show appreciation. Congrats for being the kind of person who knows to say thank you. Not enough of those kind of people around, these days (cue the "get off my lawn" background music).

Where was your wife? My wife spends the week down in Columbus watching my grandson, and then travels back up to NE Ohio on Fridays. If she was on 670 east of downtown, or 71 north, I'd love to warn her.

TTQ B4U
01-24-2019, 12:26 PM
I think we in Ohio are particularly lucky. I hear plenty of stories of them going above and beyond, and even when we went to cuss at them, they really are just doing their jobs.

But to me, here's what's just as impressive - As a society, I think we've become too sensitive to slights, and no where near sensitive enough to those acts for which we should show appreciation. Congrats for being the kind of person who knows to say thank you. Not enough of those kind of people around, these days (cue the "get off my lawn" background music).

Where was your wife? My wife spends the week down in Columbus watching my grandson, and then travels back up to NE Ohio on Fridays. If she was on 670 east of downtown, or 71 north, I'd love to warn her.

I-70 Eastbound just to the east of I-270. Road crews are aware as they put a metal plate over it. She saw them as she made her way back that way once Lincoln provided her the loaner car.

I do a lot of driving for work and can say always be careful near overpasses. The worse potholes I've seen tend to form under them it seems and they are often hard to spot as they are in the shadows.

custmsprty
01-24-2019, 02:53 PM
They don't even stop or give a second look where I live Fla.

FUNX650
01-24-2019, 02:56 PM
•The Ohio State Highway Patrol (OSHP):
-Long-standing tradition of keeping Ohio and
its citizenry as safe as humanly possible. :dblthumb2:

To Witness:

https://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/492760D8-C742-4E3B-8A7B-BFD45CEBD571.jpeg

”Hey, nice work on that ‘fix-a-flat’ project up
around Columbus; and, I see you’ve already
been briefed on how best to deal with any of
those out-of-state Michigan interlopers...”
~Chf. Dan Mathews

Bob

VISITOR
01-24-2019, 06:57 PM
glad to hear you Wife is okay (most important) and she got the help when it was needed the most...