PDA

View Full Version : Creeper from Griot’s or Speed Master?

Pages : [1] 2 3

North1Star
01-18-2019, 04:11 AM
Hello guys,

I am about to buy a creeper today and I am hesitated due to two reasons, the brand options and the price. My options are either Griot’s Garage or Speed Master. Both have the same price $79, looks like they come from the same manufacturer.

My questions are:
- Do they have the same build quality? Or is there one that is higher quality than the other?

- Is there a 15%+ coupon code that will save me some money on these? Especially Griot’s since I couldn’t find any. Its affordable to me, but would love to save some bucks

- Are there better alternatives?

Links:
Griot’s Compact Sit-On Creeper

- Griot's Garage (https://www.griotsgarage.com/product/compact+sit+on+creeper.do)

Speed Master Speed Master Rolling Detailer's Cart (https://www.autogeek.net/speed-master-rolling-detailers-cart.html)

Awaiting your feedback to proceed with the purchase today
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190118/a41de3067840d60142347fc1a4692065.jpg

MattPersman
01-18-2019, 06:42 AM
Griots for sure. You are going to have hands down awesome customer service and warranty. Never dealt with the other guys but for the same money definitely buy the Griot’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mantilgh
01-18-2019, 07:08 AM
I always here that Griots has great customer service.

Here’s another option if you didn’t find it.

Store detailing supplies, car waxes, polishes, towels, and wash bucket on the Detailer's Rolling Creeper. (https://www.autogeek.net/detailing-supplies-cart.html)

I don’t have any experience with either, I just use a bucket.

Bruno Soares
01-18-2019, 09:17 AM
I think they're both the same but if you buy it from Griot's you have the option of getting the one with padded seating area and I think that's well worth the $20 price increase. You may sit at these for extended periods of time and a cushion is way nicer than hard plastic.

java
01-18-2019, 10:22 AM
Can the Griot's padded cushion be bought separate?

North1Star
01-18-2019, 10:33 AM
Can the Griot's padded cushion be bought separate?

Yes. For $20, and $10 for the additional cup holder

The problem is that they charge $12 for shipping! Wth. You wont find these two accessories anywhere else on the internet

mk9750
01-18-2019, 10:48 AM
I have no opinion as to comparing the two. But I can tell you from experience, don't cheap out. I bought one from Amazon for about $30.00. The nuts can't be tightened wheel on the wheel studs, the platform cracked the first time I "set it down" (OK, may have been from a few inches off the ground, but still...), and I would CERTAINLY not call what I bought comfortable.

While thinking of my rolling seat, I am reminded of one of the commercials that was recently on TV, where people are "accidently" breaking what they have already in order to get the better item. That's the way I am. I'm not going to spend the money on a new one while this still works, but I can't wait to toss it and replace. When that happens, I'll be making the same judgment as you are now.

fly07sti
01-18-2019, 11:11 AM
I sat on the Griot’s at Detail Fest last year and I own the Speed Master. They are the same thing, just different colors. The reason I went with the Speed Master is I didn’t want a solid red unit. Buy from AG today with the current 25% discount. All comes down to what color you want.

North1Star
01-18-2019, 11:34 AM
I sat on the Griot’s at Detail Fest last year and I own the Speed Master. They are the same thing, just different colors. The reason I went with the Speed Master is I didn’t want a solid red unit. Buy from AG today with the current 25% discount. All comes down to what color you want.

Option 1:
Griot’s Garage total with cushion and extra bottle holder including tax = $117

Option 2:
Speed Master after 25% discount = $60
Adding Griot’s cushion+cup holder+tax = $32
Griot’s accessories shipping = $12
Total for Speed Master + Accessories = $104

Difference= $13 savings with option 2, which I will skip and get everything from Griot’s since I prefer the red color

Eldorado2k
01-18-2019, 12:03 PM
You must have intentions of putting this creeper to good use eh? What do you hope to use it for? Cleaning wheels & tires, polishing paint, or what do you vision?

PA DETAILER
01-18-2019, 12:07 PM

Guess I went the cheap route. Picked this up from HF on sale for $20. Have not used it yet, but it will see duty this spring.

Bruno Soares
01-18-2019, 01:33 PM
Option 1:
Griot’s Garage total with cushion and extra bottle holder including tax = $117

Option 2:
Speed Master after 25% discount = $60
Adding Griot’s cushion+cup holder+tax = $32
Griot’s accessories shipping = $12
Total for Speed Master + Accessories = $104

Difference= $13 savings with option 2, which I will skip and get everything from Griot’s since I prefer the red color

I heard the bottle holder is useless because it's too small for almost any bottle people use these days. I would get the cushion but I would skip the bottle holder.

North1Star
01-18-2019, 01:36 PM
I heard the bottle holder is useless because it's too small for almost any bottle people use these days. I would get the cushion but I would skip the bottle holder.

I am referring to the fix that Griot’s came up with to solve this issue. Picture attachedhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190118/efec36639e685ba2ecd8b82ac42cb77b.jpg

Coatingsarecrack
01-18-2019, 03:19 PM
I am referring to the fix that Griot’s came up with to solve this issue. Picture attachedhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190118/efec36639e685ba2ecd8b82ac42cb77b.jpg

Funny you sent this just want to the flagship store in Washington yesterday. They are the same. Bought butt pad for the speed master I own. Based on 25% off. They free ship over 59$ if you buy everything from griots vs separately above was right you would save 7$ for that get the Griots and the life time warranty. Won’t cover wearables (wheels stress, from overuse) but does cover other wearables for life. Only reason I didn’t buy griots is because got mine for like 45$ during Black Friday sale.

Coatingsarecrack
01-18-2019, 03:22 PM
Also the cup holder add on is decent but I just don’t have the need for it myself. Their suppose to hold 32 oz griots bottles