PDA

View Full Version : Converting SUV into fully mobile detailing vehicle.

daryl'sdetail
01-16-2019, 01:23 PM
Hey Detailing family,

I need some advice on what to my do with my work suv. It is a 2005 Nissan Pathfinder, when doing mobile sites I need a water/electric source at the site if the vehicle really dirty. If not, I can get away with doing a waterless wash set up or the client drops their vehicle off at my house. Unfortunately, for mobile sites I would still need an electric source to do interior jobs and etc.

I would like to step up my detailing game for this year with a set up like this:

Mobile Auto Detailing Skid Mount Unit - Car Detailing Skid Mount Unit (http://rightlook.com/auto-detailing-skid-mount/)

It would be custom made job and the quote they gave me is $4,998.00. Would anyone have any other recommendations on something similar to this? So far I have one quote and trying to search around for other local places that can do this. If for some reason I cannot go this route would anyone else have other suggestions on being a fully "mobile" detailer?

Thank you for your help! :props:

rmagnus
01-17-2019, 08:00 PM
Seems like a good price if it’s the delux system on the it website. Honda 3K genera5or is $2k alone. The extractor/vacuumed/ relcaim unit, air compressor air hose, water tank + sliding stee powder coated frame yea that’s a decent price.

Not sure why anyone would want such a large water tank for 25 washes. That’s a lot of weight. 20-30 gallons would be ample for a day.

You might be able to piece something together a little at a time for less money but their buying power for price savings seems pretty good.

What did you decide on>