PDA

View Full Version : I must be restless so your suggestions are asked for

ZoranC
02-26-2008, 10:32 PM
I don't know was it because I caught that same bug Ray in Kingwood is having or what but as of today I am obsessed with thinking that I want to paint all of my detailing power tools, starting with Flex onward (and there is quite a number of them) into same color/theme that will make them stand out and easily distinguish them as mine. I can easily go with glossy black but I would rather do something less common and I am ready to go all the way to chromed look and almost anything inbetween.

I would like to hear your _constructive_ suggestions (constructive as in: no pink, polka dots, skulls, flames, or anything similar) on possible colors/paints/themes.

Let's hear them!

makdaddy626
02-26-2008, 10:59 PM
I'd avoid "glossy" anything and especially chrome. I could be wrong but it seems like have a highly reflective tool under halogens might make for some serious eye strain during polishing.

ZoranC
02-26-2008, 11:58 PM
I'd avoid "glossy" anything and especially chrome. I could be wrong but it seems like have a highly reflective tool under halogens might make for some serious eye strain during polishing.
I don't work under halogens but good suggestion none the less. I don't think it would be chrome anyway (except maybe for small accents). I don't think glossy paint would be bothering me though as my eyes are usually not on tool but on paint so glossy paint is still in :D

POPPAJ
02-27-2008, 01:31 PM
Z-Man, Starting with the FLEX?:( I'm devistated, you can't improve on a classic! Now if you were to apply the Flex color scheme and finish to your other equipment that would be a tribute to the Almighty FLEX.;)

ZoranC
02-27-2008, 03:01 PM
Z-Man, Starting with the FLEX?:( I'm devistated, you can't improve on a classic!
That, in addition to me for some reason wanting to do it, is exactly why I should do it especially with Flex. When I like something very much I want to presonalize it, make it different than all others out there to show it belongs to _me_. When those not in the know see it they will be "what the ... is that?" and will not forget it, they will always remember who it belongs to, and when those in the know see it they will always say "look what Zoran did to his Flex" and will not forget it, they will always remember who it belongs to, they will not mistake it for yet another Flex or their Flex.

POPPAJ
02-27-2008, 06:41 PM
O.K., but years from now when bidding on unmolested FLEXS goes out of control at a Barrett-Jackson auction don't blame me! SOLD!-SOLD!-SOLD! :D

Ray in Kingwood
02-27-2008, 06:50 PM
Not a bad Idea.......thats why all my shop woodworking tools are green....

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51P7BXZQDBL._AA280_.jpg