PDA

View Full Version : Either/Or, or both?

scooterguitar
07-12-2006, 06:23 PM
When using Wolf sealant...
Would you use either their prewax polish enhancer or the finshing glaze? It use one or the other, correct? And I can assume on a freshly polished car, the obvious choice would be to use the glze for a wetter look, correct?
Can't use both? If so, polish, glaze, sealer, right?

BILL
07-12-2006, 06:37 PM
Finishing Glaze..........

ScottB
07-12-2006, 09:30 PM
finishing glaze is more like a finishing polish, it is lightly abrasive also. No need to use the paint cleaner when using it IMO unless the car is very dirty and oxidized.

BILL
07-13-2006, 07:21 AM
finishing glaze is more like a finishing polish, it is lightly abrasive also. No need to use the paint cleaner when using it IMO unless the car is very dirty and oxidized.

So megs #7 would be a pure glaze???

FloridaNative
07-13-2006, 07:36 AM
So megs #7 would be a pure glaze???

Yes, #7 is a pure glaze with oils and fillers and should be used with a wax topper and not a sealant. In my understanding the WG finishing glaze is a mildly abrasive polish more like PB 1.0.

BILL
07-13-2006, 07:42 AM
Yes, #7 is a pure glaze with oils and fillers and should be used with a wax topper and not a sealant. In my understanding the WG finishing glaze is a mildly abrasive polish more like PB 1.0.

got it.;) ......According to an earlier thread, It was said that pure glaze could be topped over a cured sealer, then waxed.........
I found that VERY INTERESTING;)

FloridaNative
07-13-2006, 08:14 AM
Well sure it could but the reverse would not be true. You can always top a sealant with a pure wax, or a pure glaze with no cleaners or abrasives could be used as a topper too and then followed with a wax. You just could not top a glaze or wax with a sealant because the sealants need the clean surface to bond to.

BILL
07-13-2006, 08:26 AM
Well sure it could but the reverse would not be true. You can always top a sealant with a pure wax so a pure glaze with no cleaners or abrasives could be used as a topper too and then followed with a wax. You just could not top a glaze or wax with a sealant because the sealants need the clean surface to bond to.

Thanks for clearing that up for me:)

scooterguitar
07-13-2006, 08:54 AM
Don't worry, it will all change in a few days!

Meghan
07-13-2006, 08:58 AM
:iagree:

BILL
07-13-2006, 08:58 AM

Dont think this:) will but the others??? :p