PDA

View Full Version : CQuartz DLux Plastic & Wheel Coating / Solution Finish combination

kb2ehj
01-14-2019, 04:57 PM
Hello all,

What are people seeing durability wise when using the CQuartz DLux Plastic & Wheel Coating / Solution Finish combination before needing to be treated again?

panthershark
01-14-2019, 05:56 PM
In Florida i have seen just over a year on the Dlux plastic and wheel

The Guz
01-14-2019, 06:31 PM
Here in Southern California I saw a year.

kb2ehj
01-15-2019, 08:38 AM
Cool, I'm guessing in NC I should see about the same then.

Bruno Soares
01-15-2019, 10:42 AM
DLux is awesome on textured plastics as you don't even need to wipe it after applying, gives it a nice rich color with some sheen but not glossy. And just lasts a long time.

kb2ehj
01-15-2019, 11:33 AM
DLux is awesome on textured plastics as you don't even need to wipe it after applying, gives it a nice rich color with some sheen but not glossy. And just lasts a long time.

Good to hear. I've liked most of their products, didn't like flyby30 (didn't last at all)

DBAILEY
01-15-2019, 03:02 PM
Just keep in mind that if you apply DLUX (or any SiO2 based trim coating) on top of Solutions Finish treated trim, you will have a harder time getting the Solutions Finish to absorb evenly the next time you need to 're-dye' the trim in about 1-2 years. There's no way to fully remove the DLUX (except for the affects of time) and it will still be in the pores of the plastic.

I keep DLUX and such products for newer trim that is not faded enough to warrant Solutions Finish. If I need to use SF then I will use a trim restorer like the M37, WG, UTTG ones.

Bruno Soares
01-15-2019, 04:05 PM
That's a good point. I've not worked on trim that needs restoring, keep my cars looking good from the get go.

The Guz
01-15-2019, 06:08 PM
Great point. Exactly what Chris West himself has mentioned on a few occasions.

I was not a fan of the combo myself. If the trim needs restoration solution Finish is the way to go. Top it with something like WETS, Perl or McKee’s Trim and it’s good to go. Sure they need to be applied more often but it stays looking better more often.

On newer trim a coating seems to be a good approach.