PDA

View Full Version : trying to upgrade my wax collection into 1 or 2 products

mobiledr.detail313
02-26-2008, 07:41 PM
i need a little help i wanna upgrade to some of these so called "higher end" waxes. I detail for a living (im still fairly new but good)lol . so im patrolling the posts on here and i see a lot of exceleent reviews on pinnacle souveran paste wax and i see its $80.00 for 8ounces , but is this something i wanna use on a customers car? some people say use it for your personal car cause its durability doesnt last long, some people i see using it on customers cars so what gives??? if this to much to pay just to do a customers car so it could look good for a few weeks and then lose its luster? i would rather use a wax that would last on the finish at least 2-3 months or even a lil longer. any suggestion on a wax that just gives a knock out shine with a wet look and some slickness (really looking for a shine out this world) any comments or sugestions would be appreciated. heres a few other i hear about:

max wax
nattys blue
xmt series
meguiars nxt 2.0

I have polishes, compounds and paint sealants that im satisified with just wanna add 2 good quailty waxes to my line

phillystyle
02-26-2008, 08:27 PM
collinite!!!

Smokin
02-26-2008, 09:08 PM
collinite @ pinnecal sig. 2

D
02-26-2008, 09:33 PM
You gotta base it off of your customers needs. If you've got someone with a nice garage queen then you might want to apply the Souveran Paste. For a DD apply the sealant. You gotta talk to the customer and see what they want on the car, explain the differences and why one is better suited for them then the other.

makdaddy626
02-26-2008, 11:02 PM
You gotta base it off of your customers needs. If you've got someone with a nice garage queen then you might want to apply the Souveran Paste. For a DD apply the sealant. You gotta talk to the customer and see what they want on the car, explain the differences and why one is better suited for them then the other.
:goodpost::iagree::whs:

mobiledr.detail313
02-27-2008, 12:11 PM
so what 2 brands do you recommend and what is a DD? i havent got use to all the appreviations yet, and came someone please point me to a list or something with all these abbreviations.

Jimmie
02-27-2008, 12:19 PM
"Max Wax" to give customers the boutique look. You won't regret adding this one.

YankeeFan
02-27-2008, 12:27 PM
so what 2 brands do you recommend and what is a DD? i havent got use to all the appreviations yet, and came someone please point me to a list or something with all these abbreviations.

DD = Daily Driver

Acronyms can be found as a Sticky under Detail University

Howard

supercharged
02-27-2008, 02:09 PM
:iagree::goodpost:

D
02-27-2008, 02:58 PM

Well the best thing to do is get a feel for your customers, or target customers. This depends a lot on where you live. If you live in a high income area with people willing to pay good money to have their cars detailed, then use a higher end wax. Possibly Zymol or Swissvax offerings as well as Souveran Paste. Zaino is popular with a lot of people, so you might consider looking into that also for you sealant. Other good sealant options are Wolfgang and Chemical Guys JetSeal. So just base it off your customers, what they want, and how much they are willing to pay.

ScottB
02-27-2008, 07:39 PM
Souveran -- for you

Sig Series II, DP Max Wax, Nattys Blue -- customer

Zaino , DP Shield Shine, UPP --- Sealants