PDA

View Full Version : Video: NEW Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax! Is it worth the hype?

Pages : [1] 2

OrangeVee
01-12-2019, 03:08 PM
Hi guys,

There's been some hype lately about the new Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax. In fact, we can't get it yet in Canada so I had to order mine from the USA. I ordered it on December 19 and only received it last week. It was sold out pretty much everywhere I was looking online.

It's meant to be used as a "wax as you rinse" type product, so application is a breeze. It contains SiO2 (the ceramic component) which is supposed to give more durability and beading/sheeting capabilities.

So here's my video presenting and testing the product. One thing of note, you have to follow the instructions to the T because if not, the product won't work as advertised. So of course, I included a tutorial and demonstration in the video.

Enjoy!

In English:

https://youtu.be/kwJuJvTz7LI

In French:

https://youtu.be/y-Oy3u66erk

mbkite
01-12-2019, 05:48 PM
The big thumbs up

Thomkirby
01-12-2019, 11:03 PM
Thanks OrangeVee for the links and the time to do a video. Interesting to read the instructions and glad it works then as intended! I did see it advertised last week on AG but failed to add it to my shopping cart. See you again in another video testing out all the great products coming out of SEMA 2018.

Larry A
01-13-2019, 07:32 PM
Its only me but I think that Mothers ceramic sounds better.Spray and wipe instead of rinsing off .My car may be washed a few hours before its sealed.

Klasse Act
01-13-2019, 07:55 PM
Well the Mother's CMX will be easier to apply, that's for sure, let's hope they don't have issues with their special new gray bottles and I really hope there's no issues with the sprayers [emoji849]

Looking forward to getting this when it comes out, the big mfgs are stepping their game up...big time [emoji118]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Justin at Final Inspection
01-14-2019, 06:32 AM
Great video!

mmhammer
01-14-2019, 03:39 PM
Thanks Pan!

DMW
01-14-2019, 04:29 PM
I just picked up a bottle of this at the Barrett Jackson auction in Scottsdale, AZ for $10 directly from Meguiar's . After seeing your video, I can't wait to use it.

Klasse Act
01-14-2019, 06:51 PM
I just picked up a bottle of this at the Barrett Jackson auction in Scottsdale, AZ for $10 directly from Meguiar's . After seeing your video, I can't wait to use it.

Great price for sure, how's the auction?

hmardown
01-14-2019, 07:00 PM
Pan thanks nice video. you referred to Bead maker & Meg's hybrid wax as a combo, how so ? we're talking about a clean vehicle. no wax, sealants and totally clayed. I'd like to try it & it seems like a quick thing to do after every wash. thanks, hmardown

OrangeVee
01-15-2019, 12:50 AM
Thanks OrangeVee for the links and the time to do a video. Interesting to read the instructions and glad it works then as intended! I did see it advertised last week on AG but failed to add it to my shopping cart. See you again in another video testing out all the great products coming out of SEMA 2018.

Thanks for your support! Yeah it's been an awesome ride since SEMA. I got to review pretty much everything I discovered in those videos. And still more surprises to come! :)

OrangeVee
01-15-2019, 12:53 AM
Pan thanks nice video. you referred to Bead maker & Meg's hybrid wax as a combo, how so ? we're talking about a clean vehicle. no wax, sealants and totally clayed. I'd like to try it & it seems like a quick thing to do after every wash. thanks, hmardown

I think people got confused. What I meant was to have Bead Maker go head-to-head with Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax in a combo matchup. Not to overlay both one on top of the other. I think there's a point where too many toppers one over the other defeats the purpose. I'd choose one and stick to that one. And there's also the fact that nobody knows yet if the chemistry of both products is compatible. We'll have to test and see.

And thanks for the kind words about my video. ;)

OrangeVee
01-15-2019, 12:54 AM

Cool! What's your favourite LSP that you typically use on your car?

hmardown
01-15-2019, 08:10 AM
yeah thanks Pan, guess I got confused. I do like that meg's product & will definitely give it a try. I guess I'm a little old school thinking wax, wax & more wax. I think I'd have trouble sleeping at night knowing all I have on my truck is meg's hybrid spray wax. maybe it's time for me to start trying different things. thanks again.
hmardown

DMW
01-15-2019, 10:18 AM
Cool! What's your favourite LSP that you typically use on your car?

Either Carpro Reload or Wolfgang DGPS 3.0.