PDA

View Full Version : Dirt that’s embedded

Bgates222
12-31-2018, 03:10 PM
Hey guys I have a white truck that’s been out in the elements, now I’ve washed it and Clayed it but I have dirt spots whether it be bird poop or just. Dirt that’s seems to be embedded. Do you guys just compound it out? And if so do you throw out your foam/mf pads after or clean them? As usual thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mantilgh
12-31-2018, 03:25 PM
A polish, compound, or cleaner wax/AIO should work, try the least aggressive first.

I like to use a cleaner wax/AIO.

You could also try an iron remover and a tar remover before if you want to try to remove as much as possible before polishing.

The pads should be good for many uses, just clean them up after.

There’s this thread if you haven’t read it.

The Lesson White Paint Teaches Us (https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/hot-topics-and-frequently-asked-questions/22982-lesson-white-paint-teaches-us.html)

TTQ B4U
12-31-2018, 03:34 PM
After a good washing hit it with some Iron X or like product to remove the ferrous metals. Your truck will likely bleed purple like the following example. From there pick up the physical decontamination with a Nano Mitt. I like mitts as you can keep the lube, soapy water flowing easily for little cost. I also see they cause far less marring as you can keep the dirt flowing through that soapy water. Both these methods will keep your pads far cleaner thus also keeping your buffer from grinding the dirt back into the finish. From there it's a matter of whether you're going to use a simple cleaner/wax/polish or a separate polish or compound/polish process.

Hope that helps.

rlmccarty2000
12-31-2018, 08:35 PM
Package up all used pads and mail them to me. Lol. Give them a good wash and air dry with the Velcro side up and reuse.

Ochnob
01-01-2019, 09:04 AM
I would recommend doing some research on this site for Duragloss 501. You will be amazed on how it brings out the white shine of your truck. Great on white!

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)