PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have this wallmount vacuum or recommend one?

hoyt66
12-31-2018, 08:10 AM
I am an enthusiast/weekend warrior detailer. I am looking to get some things off the floor. Such as my Rigid shop vac. I need a hose to reach across the 2 car garage (24ft) Thanks!

Autobahn Max Vac Wall Mount Garage Vacuum, shop vacuum, wall mounted vacuum, auto vac, car vacuum (https://www.autogeek.net/autobahn-garage-vacuum.html)

TTQ B4U
12-31-2018, 12:02 PM
That seems like a really nice one. If I didn't already have one I'd buy it. I have one with a 35ft or so hose on it that I bought locally and it works great but I'm sure the one listed has a bit more suction. I forget the brand of mine but it was like $75 less a coupon or something, has a filter inside and all the attachments. Works great and I love that it's up on the wall out of the way. I can even pull the hose out into my driveway and do a car there it's so long. Looking forward to what you end up with.

hoyt66
12-31-2018, 04:06 PM
Thank you for the reply. I probably should have just read the reviews. Not very good ratings. I am going to pass based mostly on the hose being cumbersome

Mike lambert
12-31-2018, 04:56 PM
We’ve had a garage vac pro for about 5 years. Love it and no problems at all.

ledger64
01-01-2019, 08:48 PM
couldn't be happier with my Rigid Stor-N-Go 5 Gal. 5.0-Peak HP Wet Dry Vac

gregory1420
01-02-2019, 09:20 PM
i was looking at that one but went with the rigid shop vac instead. figured i get more use out of the shop vac

mmoorejane
05-02-2019, 05:48 AM
Wall mount vacuum that's interesting to hear wish I would have known before buying a Shark Navigator
I shifted to new home the floor of rooms are hardwood and rug with my newly bought dog "miniature american shepherd" so with these requirements in my head I started researching for the vacuum cleaner.I came across 10 Best Vacuum Cleaners (15+ Reviewed & Tested) Latest 2019 Models (https://topreviewedten.com/best-vacuum-cleaner/) and with further discussion with my friends and family member I bought Shark Navigator Life-Away Professional. It works great till now deeply cleans the carpet sucks up the pet hair easily me happy with it. I hope this would help you out in buying vacuum cleaner.
The best part of wall mounted vacuum cleaner will be free floor area and definitely its going to be lighter.Let me know the model when you buy one.

Paul A.
05-02-2019, 08:23 AM
I have that exact unit, Hoyt and absolutely love it.

sudsmobile
05-02-2019, 11:18 AM
We use a Vacumaid Pro in our trailer. It's not a wet dry vac without the added canister but we really like it. The pro is the most powerful vac I've ever used, even with a 50' hose, probably twice as powerful as a standard shop vac. When the motor goes, it's replaceable. It uses a bag, which is nice because you just pop the lid and replace the bag. And we've got ours set up with their optional gate which allows the vac to be mounted in the rear of the trailer and the gate is piped to the front. Placing the hose in the gate automatically turns on the unit, so when we want to turn the vac off, just unplug the hose. No switches to mess with.

Eldorado2k
05-02-2019, 11:37 AM
We use a Vacumaid Pro in our trailer. It's not a wet dry vac without the added canister but we really like it. The pro is the most powerful vac I've ever used, even with a 50' hose, probably twice as powerful as a standard shop vac. When the motor goes, it's replaceable. It uses a bag, which is nice because you just pop the lid and replace the bag. And we've got ours set up with their optional gate which allows the vac to be mounted in the rear of the trailer and the gate is piped to the front. Placing the hose in the gate automatically turns on the unit, so when we want to turn the vac off, just unplug the hose. No switches to mess with.

Can you take some pics of that when you get a chance? Sounds interesting. I’d like to see what that setup looks like.

sudsmobile
05-02-2019, 08:27 PM
Can you take some pics of that when you get a chance? Sounds interesting. I’d like to see what that setup looks like.

Sure. I've got all my scaffolding in there for an RV job that we were supposed to do Monday when it rained. We're doing it Saturday and I didn't feel like dragging it all out and then back in. As soon as I get that stuff out of the way, I'll take a few pics. With all that scaffolding in there, you can't see a whole lot. LOL

sudsmobile
05-09-2019, 10:18 PM

Still haven't taken out the scaffolding, we have another RV this weekend. LOL

This is the vac mounted to the wall of the trailer, you can see it's pretty compact as it's not located near the bottom or top of the trailer.

https://i.imgur.com/whPzSjn.jpg

The vac is plumbed with 2" pvc to the provided electric gate. The gate is connected to the vac with two wire bell wire and when the hose is inserted, the vac turns on automatically (after powering up the trailer of course).

https://i.imgur.com/9DlQL0u.jpg

sudsmobile
05-09-2019, 10:20 PM
The PVC pipe on top of the vac pipe is the filler for our water tank, just in case anybody is wondering. The bottom pipe covered with a bag is for another electric gate to run a second hose. I can't seal it off permanently because there's just enough pipe to glue in the gate, so I just covered it with a bag for now.

hoyt66
05-10-2019, 04:23 AM
Still haven't taken out the scaffolding, we have another RV this weekend. LOL

This is the vac mounted to the wall of the trailer, you can see it's pretty compact as it's not located near the bottom or top of the trailer.

https://i.imgur.com/whPzSjn.jpg

The vac is plumbed with 2" pvc to the provided electric gate. The gate is connected to the vac with two wire bell wire and when the hose is inserted, the vac turns on automatically (after powering up the trailer of course).

https://i.imgur.com/9DlQL0u.jpg

This is the one I ended going with. Very nice unit. I have that cord reel too!