PDA

View Full Version : P&S Bead Maker over Unpolished & Uncoated Paint

Pages : [1] 2

North1Star
12-30-2018, 10:30 PM
Hey guys,

I just ordered P&S Bead Maker out of curiosity to try it on one of my cars that already need some paint correction and work to be done, but I am not welling to do it at the moment.

This car never had wax, ceramic coatings or anything related to detailing during its life time other than proper car wash. I am wondering if I apply P&S bead maker to it, will this cause any issues of any kind? Because i noticed that most people add it on top of current treatments/coatings they already have on their cars

Thanks

minerigger
12-30-2018, 11:19 PM
I would wash and clay first, it will help it adhere the best possible then you can polish in the spring. This product can be used as a standalone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WristyManchego
12-31-2018, 07:15 AM
No problems mate, just a waste of product.

We don’t prep a surface to eat off, it’s because you’re really applying the product to dirt, grime and contaminants if you don’t.

For the easiest results, give it the best wash you can, use dish soap (this time only) and a clay bar with ONR over all paint and windows. Then have at it with the Bead Maker.

You’ll get $6 worth of your $10.

TTQ B4U
12-31-2018, 07:39 AM
It won't cause any issues. It's just a sealant in spray-on/wipe-off form. I would at minimum clay/nano mitt the vehicle once it's cleaned up. Iron X too if you have it. Don't expect much if any visual change other than water beading since the vast majority of gloss is as a result of polishing. Welcome to the hobby!

Breese147
12-31-2018, 07:41 AM
I actually wouldn’t use ONR as a lubricant for the clay because the wax in ONR won’t allow the Beadmaker to adhere properly to the surface.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

WristyManchego
12-31-2018, 07:42 AM
I actually wouldn’t use ONR as a lubricant for the clay because the wax in ONR won’t allow the Beadmaker to adhere properly to the surface.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

Mate, I don’t think he’s too worried about that.

gspam1
12-31-2018, 08:57 AM

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)ONR has wax in it? Optimum makes a version with wax (green color), but not the standard blue ONR.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

BadgerRivFan
01-01-2019, 08:24 AM

Please elaborate on your theory.

Klasse Act
01-01-2019, 08:51 AM
Please elaborate on your theory.Yeah because alot of us are topping coated surfaces, whether its ceramic or Sio2-based coatings, not to mention spray on, hose off sealants, Beadmaker has been covering EVERYTHING out there[emoji847]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Klasse Act
01-01-2019, 08:52 AM
No problems mate, just a waste of product.

We don’t prep a surface to eat off, it’s because you’re really applying the product to dirt, grime and contaminants if you don’t.

For the easiest results, give it the best wash you can, use dish soap (this time only) and a clay bar with ONR over all paint and windows. Then have at it with the Bead Maker.

You’ll get $6 worth of your $10.What do mean exactly by the last statement exactly?

rlmccarty2000
01-01-2019, 01:59 PM
What do mean exactly by the last statement exactly?

I’m not Wristy but many people think it’s ok to use Dawn infrequently to remove grease and oils. I can go along with that somewhat if you are doing a complete detail. The problem with Dawn is that it leaves behind surfactants, besides being rough on rubber pieces(dries them out). Personally I would never use it when there are car specific products available as creates more problems than it cures. The Pearl Nano people require it before using their coatings. One reason why I don’t use their stuff.

Klasse Act
01-01-2019, 02:03 PM
No, the last part of his statement was "you'll get $6 worth out of $10"[emoji848]

TTQ B4U
01-01-2019, 03:15 PM
IPersonally I would never use it when there are car specific products available as creates more problems than it cures. The Pearl Nano people require it before using their coatings. One reason why I don’t use their stuff.

Agree. The myth about dawn removing everything has been around for decades though so lots of people still use it. Drying out of seals however, is a price they pay.

No, the last part of his statement was "you'll get $6 worth out of $10"[emoji848]

Meh....he's not a fan. Long-term, I've yet to see and really am not concerned with given my vehicles are coated, but as an after wash super slick, easy to use, streak free detail spray, BM is pretty awesome. It's been on my two cars for more than a week perhaps two...have to check. Wife had gone through a rain storm and there was no difference in contact-angle of the water vs GYEON's Skin/Syncro. Gave her car a rinseless and now it's back into the rain and once again, it's still beading/sheeting with a high contact angle of Skin. Still feels slick too but I've not given it a second wash yet. I like it enough so far that I'll likely buy a gallon on my next order.

Klasse Act
01-01-2019, 03:23 PM
At this point I'm not sure how someone can't be a fan of Beadmaker:

-Easy to use...check

-Great looks going on...check

-Slick finish going on...check

-Off the charts gloss when cured...CHECK!

-Slick finish after curing...check

-Inexpensive price...check

-Great water beading...check

Did I miss something here[emoji848]

Finemess
01-01-2019, 06:16 PM
I used Bead Maker for the first time today after washing. We had 101 inches of rain and 16 inches of snow last year. I wash when I can. Put me down as another WOW! Washed and leaf blowered the truck,came back with the Bead Maker, slick and its smells good to. Looks awesome.